PDA

View Full Version : LED light cube

MissionMan
11-07-2014, 7:36pm
Not sure if anyone saw this but it's an interesting idea from a local aussie group.

http://www.ledlightcube.com

Each cube is 10cmx10cm with a 150W output and they can be joined together. I.e. join two to create a 300W light.

Recycle time is non-existent and built in battery to make them portable.

ameerat42
11-07-2014, 7:50pm
It does look an interesting item, MM.

...Each cube is 10cmx10cm with a 150W output and they can be joined together. I.e. join two to create a 300W light...

MM, but remember, any equivalent light sources doubled give only 1.4 times the intensity of a single such source.

For x number of equivalent light sources, the resulting intensity is √x . (Ie, the square root of x.")

Am.

MissionMan
11-07-2014, 8:03pm
It does look an interesting item, MM.

MM, but remember, any equivalent light sources doubled give only 1.4 times the intensity of a single such source.

For x number of equivalent light sources, the resulting intensity is √x . (Ie, the square root of x.")

Am.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

I @ M
10-08-2015, 5:42pm
I totally missed this thread until today, thanks for posting it MM.
The product is one I haven't seen anything about at all and I am always interested in locally designed / manufactured gear, it seems to have many positives and few negatives for providing good portable off camera lighting.
I say seems because their website is lacking detail in a few areas.
They don't offer figures that conform with the norm when talking about flash gear power.
They offer little detail about the types of wireless triggers that can be used or what size the jacks are although it appears they are the small size found on speedlights.
The mounting spigot appears to be a 1/4 in and with a 700 gram "flash" + modifiers mounted I would much rather see a 3/8 in good quality mount holding it all together.
The units seem to be "on sale" which suggests to me that with such a new product the sales have been very low. Another thing that irks me is the use of the yankee doodle dandy $ in their advertising, that is almost something that would make me simply ignore them right from the start. The only reason I read further than I did after seeing the USD mentioned is because they are an Aussie mob.
I am going to try to contact them, unfortunately they seem to only have a site based email contact form, to see where I can see ( and possibly try ) their units before I head to Melbourne within the next few weeks. It seems that CR Kennedy are the Aus distributors and listing 3 dealers in Melb, 2 of which would be totally useless to enquire through and the remaining dealer has rather fanciful prices for the product on their website.

Nevertheless I will see what can be seen. :)

arthurking83
10-08-2015, 5:58pm
MM .. thanks for the heads up(I've actually thought about building similar looking(but not performance or abilities) units myself for some of the macro stuff I've recently tried to do.

Am .. :confused: I couldn't get past the 1x1 multiplication table in Uni .. so .. καλη χρονια και σε σενα to you too :p

I@M .. I missed it too. While they have little info, at least they have the correct camera gear on the main page of their site! This is the most important marketing strategy :D

I @ M
10-08-2015, 6:06pm
at least they have the correct camera gear on the main page of their site! This is the most important marketing strategy :D

Huh? :confused013 A brunette with blonde tips and oversized earrings or an exploding balloon? Or did I miss something? :p

MissionMan
10-08-2015, 6:23pm
I totally missed this thread until today, thanks for posting it MM.
The product is one I haven't seen anything about at all and I am always interested in locally designed / manufactured gear, it seems to have many positives and few negatives for providing good portable off camera lighting.
I say seems because their website is lacking detail in a few areas.
They don't offer figures that conform with the norm when talking about flash gear power.
They offer little detail about the types of wireless triggers that can be used or what size the jacks are although it appears they are the small size found on speedlights.
The mounting spigot appears to be a 1/4 in and with a 700 gram "flash" + modifiers mounted I would much rather see a 3/8 in good quality mount holding it all together.
The units seem to be "on sale" which suggests to me that with such a new product the sales have been very low. Another thing that irks me is the use of the yankee doodle dandy $ in their advertising, that is almost something that would make me simply ignore them right from the start. The only reason I read further than I did after seeing the USD mentioned is because they are an Aussie mob.
I am going to try to contact them, unfortunately they seem to only have a site based email contact form, to see where I can see ( and possibly try ) their units before I head to Melbourne within the next few weeks. It seems that CR Kennedy are the Aus distributors and listing 3 dealers in Melb, 2 of which would be totally useless to enquire through and the remaining dealer has rather fanciful prices for the product on their website.

Nevertheless I will see what can be seen. :)

Its a year on so having it on sale makes sense. The LED technology would be progressing quickly.

I @ M
10-08-2015, 6:51pm
Its a year on so having it on sale makes sense.

:Doh:I saw the month, didn't look at the year you posted.

None the less, thanks for posting and I am still interested in seeing how they work.

antony
13-08-2015, 1:06am
Very interesting device for outdoor. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks.