PDA

View Full Version : Blackheath

arnica
06-07-2014, 4:03pm
Hi all,

I will be going to Blackheath next weekend. I wanna be shooting some stars at night. Any hints and tips on which areas or locations would be dark enough?

We will be staying at Blackheath.

nimrodisease
06-07-2014, 8:44pm
Haven't really done any night shooting around there except during full moon, so not too sure about light pollution. Definitely check out Evans Lookout and Govetts Leap though, both very close to Blackheath.

arnica
06-07-2014, 9:32pm
Haven't really done any night shooting around there except during full moon, so not too sure about light pollution. Definitely check out Evans Lookout and Govetts Leap though, both very close to Blackheath.

Thanks Nim!

I think it's going to be close to a full moon when we're out there.

Sweet, I'll check out those locations you recommended.

Thanks mate!!

Alandme
10-07-2014, 2:52pm
Try Hargraves Lookout at the end of Shipley Drive on the south side, looking over the Megalong Valley. At the end you would have over 180 degree of view of the valley. Also Blackheath lookout at the end of Mount Blackheath Road. There are two paragliding ramps there where they run down and parachute into the valley.

- - - Updated - - -

Also try Anvil Rock Lookout at the end of Hat Hill Road on the north side. Check it out during daylight hours as you will need good lighting for the short walk up the rock at night.

Photophil2010
10-07-2014, 8:03pm
And make sure you take every stitch of clothing you own because its freezing at night up there.
Blackheath also known as "lackheat".

arnica
15-07-2014, 10:22am
Try Hargraves Lookout at the end of Shipley Drive on the south side, looking over the Megalong Valley. At the end you would have over 180 degree of view of the valley. Also Blackheath lookout at the end of Mount Blackheath Road. There are two paragliding ramps there where they run down and parachute into the valley.

- - - Updated - - -

Also try Anvil Rock Lookout at the end of Hat Hill Road on the north side. Check it out during daylight hours as you will need good lighting for the short walk up the rock at night.

We ended up at Hargraves lookout and Blackheath lookout.

I preferred Blackheath lookout more.

And make sure you take every stitch of clothing you own because its freezing at night up there.
Blackheath also known as "lackheat".

Yes luckily I had brought with me 5 layers, beanie, gloves, and neck gaiter. The winds were stinging on my face.