PDA

View Full Version : Question on Stellar x600 studio flash

glennb
27-06-2014, 7:20pm
Im looking at purchasing a pair of these new tomorrow as they are going cheap 1/2 price (not the newer digital ones). Are they any good? and would 600s be too strong for a small home studio 3.4m x 5.5m.
cheers
Glenn

I @ M
27-06-2014, 7:43pm
Assuming that you are referring to the Interfit range of strobes, yes they are quite good value because they at least have a history from their manufacturers.
The lower priced stellar units are very much generic units made in China but that isn't necessarily a huge drawback.
Current prices at a retail level (http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/product.php?id=66633) are highish and if they are selling them for 1/2 price as a clear out they probably represent pretty good value.

600 WS lights are strong, if they are able to be adjusted down satisfactorily to lower levels then they probably will work fine in a small studio environment.

It is always easier to get less light from powerful units than to get more light from lower powered strobes ----

glennb
27-06-2014, 8:16pm
Assuming that you are referring to the Interfit range of strobes, yes they are quite good value because they at least have a history from their manufacturers.
The lower priced stellar units are very much generic units made in China but that isn't necessarily a huge drawback.
Current prices at a retail level (http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/product.php?id=66633) are highish and if they are selling them for 1/2 price as a clear out they probably represent pretty good value.

600 WS lights are strong, if they are able to be adjusted down satisfactorily to lower levels then they probably will work fine in a small studio environment.

It is always easier to get less light from powerful units than to get more light from lower powered strobes ----

Thanks Andrew, yes its the stellar range and that link you posted is where I got my price from.
Cheers

glennb
30-06-2014, 8:14pm
Ended up getting the Bowens Gemini GM400 kit, should suit my needs.