PDA

View Full Version : Importing images from LR5 to Photoshop CC

mausa
11-05-2014, 10:07am
I owned LR5 and CS5. I have joined CC and have been getting the upgrades. However I cannot now take my images from LR5 into CC. In LR5 I go Photo>Edit in> Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC.....the window for CC comes up but the cursor keeps indicating that it is working but nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to what is or is not happening please?

agb
11-05-2014, 11:38am
I have the same, owned Lightroom 5 and have CC, and sorry to say I have no problem. I suppose you have the latest updates for LR5, now 5.4, though I doubt it will make any difference.
WhenI do photo-edit in CC it immediately shows CC opening if it is not already open.
Can you open CC OK?

mausa
12-05-2014, 8:03pm
Thanks Graham for your thoughts., The only time I have used photoshop to date is to merge a pano. I previously had LR5 and CS5 and at first had no trouble with the import but then I found that I had to export the images to Jpeg before CS5 would import. Now I have upgraded I cant get any images to import into CC. Yes I have the latest updates for both 5.4 and the latest update for CC. I wondered if it had anything to do with whether it was 64-bit or not. Yes I can open CC ok.

agb
13-05-2014, 10:08am
I run 64 bit windows so no I don't think it can be that.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two ways of going to photoshop using edit in, one is in the develop module using either photo-edit or right click and choose the option. Do neither work. Do you get the dialogue box opening when in the develop module?
The other is in the library module when you right click or use photo edit in and the raw opens directly in photoshop.

mausa
13-05-2014, 9:04pm
agb, I have only tried to go through photo>edit in. I highlight the photos required for the pano, go to photo>edit in>merge to panorama in Photoshop.....that's when Photoshop CC opens up and the cursor just keeps spinning....the photos obviously aren't imported and I don't get that window. I used to get that window on the earlier version.

I didn't realise that there were other ways to do it so will give those a try.

Thanks agb

Faceman
19-05-2014, 2:16pm
This happened to me on Macintosh, I had to completely un-install LR and PS then re-downloaded them both from Creative Cloud.

It's a little annoying having to set up both apps from scratch though.