PDA

View Full Version : Selling to Companies, larger organisations.

Ragsy
18-03-2014, 9:51pm
Hi all

I have been around asking a few people how to start selling some of my photos, my partner works in a national retail store that sells a few odd canvas prints. So I thought i might ask the company through their website if they would be interested in purchasing any of my prints.

Im not sure really how to approach it but i would need to know how much i will charge them. which brings in another question is would I sell them the file or sell each print individually. I suppose it could work both ways sell them the file and make cash off that immediately or sell each print individually which would mean possible more money but only if people buy the print.

Is there anyone who has experience in this field as i really don't have any at all, YET. So, I'm asking for some help please on how to sell and approach businesses like this.

Thanks in advance all

Ragsy

Mark L
19-03-2014, 10:38pm
... So I thought i might ask the company through their website if they would be interested in purchasing any of my prints.

They may say that they only purchase and sell generic stuff from their suppliers. They may also somehow want something different.:confused013
I have no experience here. As long as you can handle rejection, what have you got to loose by trying? Worry about what to charge after they show some interest, maybe.

Redgum
27-03-2014, 5:02pm
The clue to successful selling is not just knowing "what" you have to sell but also knowing "why" you should sell it. If you can't answer that question your chances of making any money are remote.
If you know "why" a customer wants to buy your product a sale is almost certain.