PDA

View Full Version : Fujifilm XT1 RAF Files can I just copy them to my conputer and wait for raw converters to catch up

Anne Sh
13-03-2014, 10:14pm
For a number of reason all very good at the time I bought a Fujifilm XT1 and headed off overseas. I have used RAF files with Lightroom before without a problem, not realizing that it was the camera that was supported not the file.

I have tired to import my files to LR but no preview is available and of course doing my homework I find that the XT1 is not supported.

My question is can I just copy and paste the RAF files from my memory cards onto my computer and back up drives and wait for the upgrade of the raw converter to happen?

By the way I am very impressed with the XT1 so far without looking at the raw files on the computer.....specifically it features and controls etc.

ricktas
13-03-2014, 10:20pm
which version of Lightroom are you using?

ricktas
13-03-2014, 10:31pm
adobe DNG 8.4 can read them and convert them to DNG format apparently, and then you can import to LR. More reading suggests an update to LR should not be to far off to allow it to read the original RAW file

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php/topic/18844-lightroom-53-support-for-x-t1-raw-file/

Adobe DNG 8.4: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cameraraw8-4.html

Anne Sh
14-03-2014, 10:03am
I am using LR 5.3

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ric,

But in the mean time can I just copy and paste them off my memory cards to my computer for safe storage and back up?

ameerat42
14-03-2014, 10:05am
Didn't you get Fuji Finepix converter with the camera or as a download?
Am.

Oh, and yes, you can copy the files to your hard drive to process later.
(Not Rick.)

Anne Sh
14-03-2014, 10:20am
Yes I got the discs but have just left them in the box at home....assuming that I would be able to use LR...my mistake...but what I'll do in the mean time is shoot a jpeg as well so I can at least look at my images on the computer. As I'm still away I wanted to be able get the data off my cards and store it safely. I thought that was the case that I could copy them but I wanted to check before I did it.

I know the jpeg will take up extra storage space but...at least I'll be able to check my photos.

I am normally not an early uptake to new gear....but thanks to everyone for all your help. I'll keep checking for LR updates.

I @ M
14-03-2014, 1:13pm
You can always download the 30 day trial of Photo Ninja.
The latest version of that has XT-1 raf support.
It does a better conversion than any A$obe product as well. :)