PDA

View Full Version : Spyder4Exprss - Anyone??

danny
04-03-2014, 6:54pm
So I'm looking at getting a spyder4 to calibrate my macbook pro monitor and future monitor that I am also in the market for. To be honest it was the price that got my interested in the spyder4express as you can get one for around $100. Has anyone had experience with this model? Or can anyone point me in the direction of another calibrator in the same price range?

Cheers
danny

JJM
05-03-2014, 9:31am
I have a Spyder3 express and it does the job well for the money.

RJD
05-03-2014, 12:16pm
So I'm looking at getting a spyder4 to calibrate my macbook pro monitor and future monitor that I am also in the market for. To be honest it was the price that got my interested in the spyder4express as you can get one for around $100. Has anyone had experience with this model? Or can anyone point me in the direction of another calibrator in the same price range?

Cheers
danny

I bought one not long ago, it seems to go a good job, plus very simple! I can certainly notice the difference. One tip I'll pass on about monitors - I knew to get an IPS monitor (thanks to the forum here) but I didn't know about gamuts. If you can get one with a wide gamut it would probably be worth it if you're really serious. Definitely IPS though.

fenderstrat1963
05-03-2014, 3:24pm
I bought the Spyder 4 Express recently. It's easy to use and I like having each display in the house showing consistent colours.