PDA

View Full Version : Photographer threatens model

MissionMan
02-03-2014, 11:57am
I don't know much about the modelling industry but this seems like a really easy way to make sure no model will work with you again.

http://www.news.com.au/national/photographer-mark-hamilton-threatens-to-make-racy-images-of-the-latest-darwin-cup-carnival-ambassador-public/story-e6frfkp9-1226840774083

Boo53
02-03-2014, 12:47pm
One would suspect, at the least, that his business opportunities might dry up now.

ricktas
02-03-2014, 12:50pm
Sounds like someone has been doing work for 'free'. Time for prints etc, and is not happy now that some of the models he has worked with are doing well.

All he has achieved is alienating himself and using alcohol as an excuse is pathetic.

vinhtee
02-03-2014, 2:03pm
Very weak excuse there. I'm surprised there haven't been any civil suits filed against him already. Needless to say, he's going to be doing a lot of child birthday photoshoots for a while.

I @ M
02-03-2014, 2:05pm
:lol2: Where else would this one head --- All the normal ingredients. Possibly a "model" and a "photographer" with over inflated senses of self worth, a few trendy names thrown in, facebook and then delivered to you by news.com ensure that it will be an ongoing, name calling catfight.:D

MissionMan
02-03-2014, 3:06pm
My suggestion is a change of career. I wouldn't be happy with him doing my kids birthday.

mongo
03-03-2014, 4:46pm
this is just beyond EXTRAORDINARY ! Mongo would not even know where to begin saying what he thinks of this ! - so, he won't

johndom
06-03-2014, 6:41pm
knowing how small darwin is, i see small town politics meeting the internet age. ouch.

JM Tran
07-03-2014, 11:37am
Hes on my facebook, I ate a lot of popcorn whilst reading/watching the rant building up to the implosion:):):)

Yet in the aftermath, there were models and ppl writing on his wall to defend him.

That glamour/bikini modeling industry sure is a strange one:)

- - - Updated - - -

Hes on my facebook, I ate a lot of popcorn whilst reading/watching the rant building up to the implosion:):):)

Yet in the aftermath, there were models and ppl writing on his wall to defend him.

That glamour/bikini modeling industry sure is a strange one:)

Redgum
07-03-2014, 11:48pm
I & M is on the money. Facebook is like giving a bunch of pre-schoolers a handful of grenades. When the damage is done you appoint a pack of journalists as judge and jury. Storm in a teacup.
In the NT both photographer and model will be regularly sought after. There is little professionalism either side of this promotion but no doubt it will work.

Sydney Portraits
03-07-2014, 1:39pm
Making a living as a photographer is hard enough without being a psychopath. Reminds me of the recent case of a friend's child who was left crying and with bruise marks to his arm by a school photographer.

ktoopi
04-07-2014, 3:04pm
Sounds like this so called 'photographer ' has got massive tickets on himself.....what an ego......loser I say :eek:

AngusG
04-07-2014, 6:50pm
Sounds like this so called 'photographer ' has got massive tickets on himself.....what an ego......loser I say :eek:

I'd say he's a total f**kwit.

MissionMan
07-07-2014, 10:35am
I get the impression he's probably a Pentax user :) hehe

oldfart
12-07-2014, 7:40am
The Photographer is actually one of the most talented Glamour Togs in the country who made a serious error in judgement. (Well two, he shouldn't have shot with the Diva in the 1st place)
He's recently moved from Darwin due to non related health issues, and the "model" in this case has now had her 30 seconds of fame and drifted quietly back to well deserved obscurity.

FallingHorse
14-10-2014, 9:39pm
The model in this case was professional in her role as Ambassador throughout the Darwin Cup carnival last year. It's a little stereotypical to write the model of as a flake. We see alcohol used as an excuse for poor behaviour day in and day out at the local courts and it's just not good enough.

I am familiar with Marks work and appreciate his skill in his chosen field. Perhaps the relocation will give him the opportunity on refining his personal skills, just a shame he had to confirm the interstate opinion that NT residents are a bunch of yobbo cowboys before he went. Thanks Mark!