PDA

View Full Version : The edit in funtion of lightroom

agb
28-02-2014, 8:32am
I installed Adobe CC, and then decided that I really had no need for it as I am quite content for the moment with lightroom 5 and photoshop CS6 which I already had.
I now however have a problem that when I go to lightroom and want to photo-edit in the selection is photoshop CC and not photoshop CS6, and there seems to be no way that I can change it back to CS6.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

ricktas
28-02-2014, 8:42am
Hi,

Not sure if you get any options as I only have LR and CS6 on my computer so do not have a choice when I get to the menu as there is no other editing software on my PC to choose from.

But in LR. Edit>Preferences>External Editing. Do you have a choice of what is used to edit?

agb
28-02-2014, 3:44pm
Edit in photoshop CC is fixed in the first section and there is no process for selecting an alternative, and for the additional external editor photoshop does not appear, just NIk software.
I get the feeling that although I have cancelled the CC subscription that CC still operates on my computer. I think it will have to be a change to a register setting somehow.

ricktas
28-02-2014, 3:48pm
1. Lightroom > Preferences > External Editing
2. Under Additional External Editor,click the “Choose” button next to Application
3. Navigate to Applications folder and select Photoshop CS6
4. Set Editing attributes (File Format, Color Space, Bit Depth, Res)
5. Click on preset menu and select “Save Current Settings as New Preset”
6. Name the new Preset “Photoshop C65” and click “Create”

agb
28-02-2014, 8:49pm
Thanks Rick I had completely missed the choose , and your solution while not getting rid of the CC has enabled me to use CS6.
You're bloods worth bottling:)

ricktas
28-02-2014, 9:21pm
You are welcome.