PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Trigger Thoughts

ausfitter
04-02-2014, 6:59pm
Hi All,
I am looking at getting a Lightning trigger to obviously to obtain lightning, but mainly during the day. I have seen there are a few brands out there and some have more features than others. It may be a gimmicky item, but who here has one? And of those that have one, what model did you get and are they worth the money?

Thanks in advance
Troy

davsv1
04-02-2014, 11:35pm
I've got a Strike finder Elite, it is sound, motion and light trigger, it certainly works for lightning at night but have only tried once during the day and it wouldn't trigger, (maybe lightning was too far away). I have not had a lot of opportunity to use it since I got it so can't give a real good run down on it. http://www.ubertronix.com/shop/strike-finder-elite/ I bought mine off ebay several years ago.
David

ausfitter
05-02-2014, 12:54pm
There are a few around. Nero Patch Master etc, and they all seem to look the same, and I believe they are produced in the same country ( Turkey) I have been suggested to try ebay cheapies, but I do like the idea of the motion and sound triggers, I think they open up some good potential for faster photography.

davsv1
05-02-2014, 1:41pm
Not sure where mine is made but I had to open it up to do a mod for my new camera and the guy I bought it off was very helpful, he even offered to swap it for a new model if I wanted to pay postage and wait. It came from America but not sure where it's "made". Ubertronics has been around a while and have a few different products and quality seems good to me with what I have. As I said, aftersales service was prompt and helpful even 2 years later.

Sifor
05-02-2014, 7:45pm
Got mine off Ebay for $50. Works well. I don't use it enough to warrant the $300 models.