PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic lumix dmcsz3

actually
27-01-2014, 6:52pm
Hi a newbie just wanting some advise please about the lumix dmcsz3 please? I have a DMV-fz50 which although is a few years old now I'm still happy with. However I also have a dmc-f3 and have never been really happy with the quality of the photos.

thanks heaps.

ameerat42
27-01-2014, 7:01pm
Actually, do you mean a DMC-FZ50? (Pun intended, sorry!:D)

I'd just like to know before I reply more fully, but it would seem so far that what Rick said in your query about the Nikon Coolpix also applies to
these cameras. The DMC-FZ50 has a slightly "bigger" sensor than the other two.
Am.

actually
27-01-2014, 7:07pm
Hi yeah thanks I meant the DMC-FZ50 :)
i do understand that the FZ3 is a "pocket camera" and is is the coolpix. I guess I'm just chasing a better megapixel camera with a decent zoom that is amount the $150 mark. I'm also thinking of simply upgrading my FZ-50 to a newer model. However it nice sometimes just to have a nice pocket camera that can take a decent photo.

thanks again.

Regards
Glen.

ameerat42
27-01-2014, 7:19pm
OK, well, I don't know what your photographic interests are, but the cameras other than the FZ50 are certainly only pocket P&S types.
Tough your FZ50 is a bit older, I don't think the others you have mentioned will come up to it. I notice too that they are jpeg-only cameras,
where the FZ50 can record raw images. It's my opinion only, but I reckon the FZ50 would still give you "better" shots, even though it's got a lower
megapixel count than the others. That's mainly because of the larger sensor. I have not kept up with Lumix cameras of the FZ50 type, so I can't advise you
much about them.
Am.

actually
27-01-2014, 7:24pm
Awesome thanks for your advice. Appreciate it very much.

Glen.

ricktas
27-01-2014, 7:58pm
perhaps you need to tell us what it is you are seeking in a camera, and what issues you are experiencing with the one(s) you have. It could well be that operator error is the cause of photos not turning out as expected.

Cameras are complex machines and yes on auto they can perform admirably in most situations, but there are times when they don't, due to operator issues, limitations of the equipment, and more.

So tell us more. But ultimately if you are hitting the limitations of the gear, the next step up is looking at an entry level DSLR etc. Moving from one camera to another with basically the same specs, will only lead to further disappointment.