PDA

View Full Version : Studio lighting brands

bstajcic
21-01-2014, 3:11pm
Hi all,
I have a cheaper set of studio lights with a nasty colour cast. I am interested in purchasing/upgrading my lights and was searching for some advice on brands and watts
I would like at least 2 lights. 3 would be better. Mainly used for small studio set up for people/babies/family shoots, product shoots and i have, on occasion, done the full 6-8 hour mass studio sessions with sporting/dancing schools.
I was interested in the Alien Bees. However, i cant seem to get them in australia now.
I have quickly rang for advice from the main suppliers in aus and i have been recommended 400w flashpro units. Still seems to be entry level at 400w but a step up to 800w more than triples the price.
If anyone can enlighten me on their experience i would be grateful

MissionMan
21-01-2014, 8:51pm
What about elinchrom RX4's? They still cheap but should do what you need.

tungstenf
26-01-2014, 1:40pm
*removed - read site rules 3-7*

JM Tran
26-01-2014, 3:17pm
Myself and a few others on here have a pretty good/vast experience with lighting from the high end to mid range to budget. What is your budget first?

Colcfc
16-05-2014, 9:50am
Myself and a few others on here have a pretty good/vast experience with lighting from the high end to mid range to budget. What is your budget first?

I am also interested in some feedback to the first question. I am looking at getting a set of studio lights to do the same sort of thing.

I have had a look at several brands and one that I started investigating was the Fomex HD600. This would suit my needs and budget but I am concerned that buy cheap, buy twice and there is not much scope to build on if I want to add to my setup. After doing some research I have been generally swayed towards the Bowens system.

I have been advised that 500w is a good starting point and what I liked with the bowens system is that there is scope to build on my system.

I was looking at the Bowens 500r and 500pro, has anybody got any experiences with one or both models.

thanks