PDA

View Full Version : Portable Backdrop

adza
13-12-2013, 4:41pm
Hi,

I'm currently contemplating purchasing a portable backdrop. (one of those ones roughly 1.5m x 2m that fold up similar to a reflector).

I was considering getting a double sided one, as it's much cheaper to get one of those than to buy 2 separate. I already have a backdrop setup, but it's a bit of work setting it all up in the house just for some head shots, so thought that this might be a better option.

Just wondering if anyone's had much experience with these, and whether they're fine - or just a gimmick?

Cheers

Adza

ameerat42
15-12-2013, 9:18pm
Adza, can you supply a link to such a one?
Am.

MissionMan
15-12-2013, 10:34pm
I assume he/she is talking about this:

http://www.hypop.com.au/backdrops/pop-up-backdrops.html

adza
16-12-2013, 9:16am
Sorry for the delay in replying.

http://www.##############.com.au/reversible-black-and-white-backdrop-510 is one of the ones I was looking at.

I know I have reflectors that 'fold up' in a similar way that are quite creasy. (Not that creases are a worry on reflectors as much) but I was wondering if these backdrops are ok.

Thanks

ameerat42
16-12-2013, 9:44am
OK, thanks MM. Don't know much about them, actually:rolleyes:

Adza, you might check your link, It's got a lot of "####..." characters in it and and it came up with an error page.
Am.

MissionMan
16-12-2013, 9:51am
OK, thanks MM. Don't know much about them, actually:rolleyes:

Adza, you might check your link, It's got a lot of "####..." characters in it and and it came up with an error page.
Am.

It's probably related to the number of posts that Adza has. The forum rules don't allow for users posting links when they have under a certain number of total forum posts but I posted a link to the same kind of backdrops.

I also looked at them at one point, but never got around to testing one as I couldn't get the colours I wanted. They only had the green/blue at the time. I wanted them for kids/babies due to the easy nature in which the popup could be setup in confined spaces.

ameerat42
16-12-2013, 9:54am
I thought so too, MM, but Adza has 50+ posts already, so I'm just ???-ing whether she had some problem pasting in the link.
Am.

MissionMan
16-12-2013, 9:56am
Not sure, maybe they've been spammed by the website previously so they now do find and replaces whenever posts appear. I've seen some forums do it in the past.

adza
16-12-2013, 10:21am
Thanks guys. Not sure what's happening with the link. Maybe we're not allowed to post links to other shops that aren't sponsors?

Anyway - what MissionMan has posted a link to is pretty much the same as the link I posted.