PDA

View Full Version : Sydney christmas meet final details - illoura reserve 07/12/13

NikonNellie
28-11-2013, 11:39pm
I'm finally getting around to posting up the details for our Christmas Meet. As nobody indicated that they have a preference for location I decided that Illoura Reserve at Balmain East would be the better option from the locations I mentioned in the other thread.
There are toilets available at the Ferry wharf. Illoura Reserve has views to the Harbour Bridge and if you walk around to the point we may be able to get a nice sunset shot of the Anzac Bridge. There is also a large fig tree that catches the setting sun and frames a nice backdrop as well. If we are lucky there may be a large passenger ship in dock opposite the reserve.

For our light painting there is a large anchor sculpture and some steps that we may be able to use to our advantage.

Lets meet at say 4 - 5 pm near the ferry wharf. I am not sure what parking will be like but hopefully it won't be too bad. Keep in mind that you may have to carry a few things from your car so make sure you travel light.

What to bring:

Camera, wide angle lens, telephoto lens, filters (if you use them), release cable or remote release, tripod, light painting gear and batteries (if you have any), torch, chair, food (nibblies and dinner), drinks, your creativity.

IF ANY OTHER MEMBERS WANT TO JOIN US PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD YOUR INTENTION TO COME SO THAT WE CAN KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU! :)

raccoon
29-11-2013, 6:23am
thanks Narelle, Lyn won't be coming. but I will be there with bells on

sunset
29-11-2013, 8:14am
Yes we still plan on being there.

Darey
29-11-2013, 3:10pm
I'm looking forward to this meet, it will be nice to see you all again.

ktoopi
04-12-2013, 6:54am
Alas.....best laid plans have been sidelined and I am now unable to make it for our Christmas meet on Saturday.....booo hooo was looking forward to catching up.....will instead look forward to seeing your pics......make sure you spin at least one orb for me:)

NikonNellie
04-12-2013, 7:10pm
Ooh.. what a shame Karen. If the problem is babysitting then just bring her along. You have probably had a better offer though! :D

Mr Felix
04-12-2013, 7:11pm
Phew! I knew there was something happening THIS Sat. Couldn't remember what.

Ok, I am hoping to be there.

Just got to find the "mud map" and where exactly it is - parking. Ya know. ;)

ktoopi
05-12-2013, 11:24am
Ooh.. what a shame Karen. If the problem is babysitting then just bring her along. You have probably had a better offer though! :D

No wasn't a babysitting issue or a better offer, but a double booking of an event that hubby FORGOT to put on the calendar!!!!!!! But says he told me about weeks and weeks ago......Humph in my world if it's not on the calendar it doesn't exist!!:(

Mr Felix
05-12-2013, 5:29pm
Ok, I'm stupid.

Can an intersection be named so I know where to go.

The park - as named - is a bit big and so I don't know where to go. That is: which end/side/part. :confused013

sunset
05-12-2013, 8:02pm
That's a shame Karen as D asked me if B was going to be there!

peterb666
05-12-2013, 8:02pm
Chris and I should be able to make it for an hour or two before we head off for a birthday dinner in the evening. Haven't been doing much photography in the last 3 months so it is a pity that I will miss the light painting.

Felix - near the ferry wharf at the end of Darling Street.

Cheers

Peter

NikonNellie
05-12-2013, 10:36pm
Great news Peter - I was hoping to catch up with you sometime. :)

sunset
06-12-2013, 8:53pm
We will be there but I also won't stay around for light painting partly because I have had an exhausting week and partly because my photo mojo has disappeared! We'll be there to socalise!;)

ktoopi
06-12-2013, 10:20pm
That's a shame Karen as D asked me if B was going to be there!

Shame as B would love to hang out with D.....next time:)

Lance B
07-12-2013, 11:35am
Love to have bveen able to make it, but my son's band is playing a gig in Wollongong and I am going to see that. :)

NikonNellie
07-12-2013, 1:11pm
No worries Lance - maybe see you at the next meet which will probably be in January.

See you all around 4pm - good luck with parking. :D

Mr Felix
08-12-2013, 6:54am
Well, I had fun.

Sorry I had to leave so early.

But here are some of the "Better" pictures I took.

Mr Felix
08-12-2013, 7:00am
And a couple more.

I won't post them all, as I don't want to flood the thread.

Oh, Greg: Thanks! Those tips about the fireworks did work good. As you may see from the shots.

Some weren't as good, but they are memories, and that's what matters.

Some of my first shots weren't the best because I forgot to check the aperture, I forgot to move it from 5.7 and so the subjects were out of focus. :(