PDA

View Full Version : Sydney christmas meet - saturday, 07/12/13

NikonNellie
07-11-2013, 12:18am
Hi Guys! I'm back from my OS trip and have been flat out since the plane touched down in Oz.

I would like to propose that we have a combined sunset/night photography, possible light painting and Christmas celebration all in one meet on SATURDAY, 7TH DECEMBER. My choice would be one of the Balmain foreshore parks such as Simmons Point Reserve, Ballast Point Park or Illoura Reserve but if someone can come up with another suggestion I would be up for that as well.

As it is only 4 weeks away, could you please indicate your availability and location preference in a post on this thread ASAP.

ANY AP MEMBER IS WELCOMED - we always have a great time. Of course partners are also invited.

I will post more details once we have decided on a location so keep watching this thread.

I have missed you all and can't wait to catch up and share some holiday experiences. :santa:

raccoon
07-11-2013, 8:21am
Hi Nellie
that sounds good for lyn and myself

binnie
07-11-2013, 1:31pm
Hi Nellie,

Sorry i cant make this one, it sounds great,

Thanks,
Anna

NikonNellie
07-11-2013, 8:26pm
That a shame Anna - maybe the next meet in the New Year. :)

Darey
07-11-2013, 9:13pm
Oh boy watch out guys because I can make it to the party but "The Leader of The Opposition (Mary)" has her work party that night. :cool:

I promise I will keep away from the steel wool :lol: and just bring lights only.

ktoopi
07-11-2013, 9:50pm
I am keen to come:).........just have to work out what to do with darling daughter.....she usually has sailing lessons Saturday afternoons and darling husband is sailing in a regatta that day.....Hmmmmm what to do ..... will think on it for a day or two.

Tigger
07-11-2013, 11:39pm
Hi NikonNellie - count me in :)

NikonNellie
08-11-2013, 8:56am
I am keen to come:).........just have to work out what to do with darling daughter.....she usually has sailing lessons Saturday afternoons and darling husband is sailing in a regatta that day.....Hmmmmm what to do ..... will think on it for a day or two.

Bring her along if you have to Karen - we can always put her to work to keep her amused. :D

Ventureoverland
08-11-2013, 1:33pm
Id love to come along but we're moving house on the following Monday and will need to be packing boxes over the proposed weekend.

R
Jon

NikonNellie
09-11-2013, 8:32am
Catch up with you next time Jon - have fun packing the boxes. :(

sunset
09-11-2013, 6:28pm
We should all be able to make it that day too and no preference to location :)

Maezyra
11-11-2013, 1:20am
I would really like to come. I'm not sure what to do with the muffins though... Luke gets stressed having them out late at night (Don't know why. Ash doesn't even know the meaning of night yet and Ebony will sleep anywhere). I also have a feeling I have something on that weekend that I have forgotten. Please put me down as a hopeful maybe :)

peterb666
12-11-2013, 1:58pm
Sorry, Chris and I have a birthday party to attend that evening. :(

ktoopi
14-11-2013, 10:36am
Looking like I am in at this stage!:)

NikonNellie
14-11-2013, 11:41pm
Looks like we have enough people interested so this meet will go ahead. So far we have these members who look like they are attending:
Paul and Lyn, Greg, Karen, Ness and family, new member Sandra (Tigger) and myself.

Any other members interested please post your name in this thread.

I am going to do some research in the next few days to see which would be the better park at Balmain.

Mr Felix
15-11-2013, 8:30pm
I'll try my best to come.

peterb666
16-11-2013, 9:25pm
Nellie, I recommend Ballast Point; however, parking can be a bit of a stroll as limited at the park, and toilets locked at night

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

NikonNellie
16-11-2013, 11:33pm
Thanks for that info Pete - I was wondering about Ballast Park because I had read that it was only opened from Sunrise to Sunset. Shame you can't come as I was hoping to catch up with you. :(

peterb666
21-11-2013, 1:50pm
The sign on the park says those hours but there is 24/7 access - just not facilities.

freelancer
21-11-2013, 5:57pm

If I can make it I wil have two photographic daughters along age 11 and 13, who get on well with other kids.
Jon

judybee
25-11-2013, 10:24pm
Hi everyone,
We are busy on this day, so will have to miss out. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing all the picture.
:cool: