PDA

View Full Version : Photography Courses

paulheath
05-11-2013, 9:09pm
Sorry if this has been posted before,

im looking to enroll in a photography coarse within the Sydney area, iv looked online , but as usual there are hundreds to pick from.
im thinking along the lines of a 2 year coarse, do you recommend online or actually enroll in a class ( my preference would be to enroll ) i know this is a long way off but to be able to
eventually apply for AIPP membership ( they require a 2 year course from an approved training organisation )
i know some would say " it takes more than 2 years and a cerificate to become a professional" , BUT we all have to start somewhere and taking the steps to better myself as a photographer
is what i would like to do, im not saying that i want to jump into being a paid professional , i would just like to expand my knowledge of this art form
so if anybody has or knows of any suitable photography courses i would be very greatfull

cheers
Paul

ricktas
05-11-2013, 9:16pm
The first thing I would suggest you do is ascertain if the company providing the course is an accredited trainer. IE they are registered as a training organisation with the government and thus any course you choose is a recognised qualification. Places like The Photography Institute are not RTO's

The course you seek is called the "Diploma of photo imaging' : http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CUV50411

PS, it is spelled COURSE. If you want to get into business and become professional it is about presenting a professional impression on all levels, including English. :D

Mark L
05-11-2013, 11:26pm
I sometimes wonder with the w.w.w. and the varied learning opportunities it provides, if you could learn what you want there.
Of course :) you may think you need a qualification (does AIPP really require that) to better yourself. If you're thinking that with the view of starting some sort of photo business (an assumption on my part) then maybe time would be better invested in some sort of business cause:).
There's a lot of good photographers that don't make it becourse they don't know how to run a business. There's also a few photogs that ain't so good making money 'cause they know how to run a business.

garthyguts
18-12-2013, 8:44am
look at tafe cert 4 photo imaging

ktoopi
18-12-2013, 1:03pm
The Australian Centre for Photography in Sydney run excellent courses.....I have done several there and have been very happy and even had my photos chosen for their student exhibition each time I do a course. They are located in Oxford street Paddington. Google them and check out what they offer.:tog: