PDA

View Full Version : Locations and public transport

Lozzaness
05-10-2013, 7:09pm
People of Brisbane!

So, I'm one of those people who never learned to drive. For the most part it doesn't bother me. I live close to a train station, and work slightly later hours so peak hour doesn't affect me.

However, being that in the last year or so I've really started getting into my photography more and trying to get out and about, there's really only so many places I can get to.

I have a very good friend who does drive me around, and we go out photoing together, but I feel bad for relying on him so much.

I live in an awesome suburb (Shorncliffe), which I do photograph a lot, and can catch a train to the city, but can anyone else suggest public transport accessible places that I can work on my landscapes with? If possible, somewhere with water or even dark areas to play with astro shots.

(Also, please don't turn this into a why I should learn to drive discussion. It may happen in the future, but probably no time soon.)

ausfitter
08-11-2013, 10:07pm
Redcliffe jetty/pier is another popular spot for landscape photos, and there is public transport.

ameerat42
09-11-2013, 8:25am
Hi Lozz...
Have you looked at Translink? (http://translink.com.au/) I have used it a 2ple of times when there.

Why don't you learn to...

Actually, I reckon you'd save heaps by not having a vehicle.
Am.

Lozzaness
19-11-2013, 8:20pm
Redcliffe jetty/pier is another popular spot for landscape photos, and there is public transport.

I've been to Redcliffe a few times now, but while it's a nice area with the jetty, I live a 5 minute walk from Shorncliffe Jetty. :) Although Woody Point looks nice for the sunset shots and storm shots. It has a fantastic view of south east through to south west.

Hi Lozz...
Have you looked at Translink? (http://translink.com.au/) I have used it a 2ple of times when there.

I do have a look at Translink when there's somewhere I want to go. The difficulty is, being that I'm not originally from Brisbane, there's probably a few awesome places that I'm completely missing.

Ironically, I'm about to go visit my parents in the Blue Mountains, so I should be able to get some completely different style shots there, but will be in the same boat. I'm sure I can convince my dad to play taxi for a bit. :)

Why don't you learn to...
Actually, I reckon you'd save heaps by not having a vehicle.
Am.

The stupidly high cost of public transport up here aside, that's pretty much it. Also, you don't want me on the road. That's a scary thought! :)

in2fx
27-01-2014, 9:31am
Nudgee Beach, for sunrises, sunsets, and birdlife, but don't tell anyone ;)

fenderstrat1963
27-01-2014, 4:01pm
There's Wynnum (https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Shorncliffe,+Queensland,+Australia&daddr=Wynnum+QLD,+Australia&hl=en&ll=-27.409567,153.093109&spn=0.211823,0.370789&sll=-27.397758,153.113584&sspn=0.211846,0.370789&geocode=FYAPX_4d89kfCSntc5S2vuOTazFwmN7zWqMCBQ%3BFfU9Xf4dxj4hCSm5X-l8sF-RazHwnt7zWqMCBQ&oq=Shorn&t=h&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&z=12&start=0) if you don't mind a longish train trip

Lozzaness
29-01-2014, 8:35am
I should do the Cleveland line one day .... after all I stay on the same train. :)

And Nudgee looks nice. I've only ever been there once or twice, and it was at night. I should investigate the buses to get out there.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

billy4030
29-01-2014, 9:18am
Very few buses to nudge beach and none at night

Margaret
31-07-2014, 9:48pm
South bank parklands, botanical gardens in the city, catch an inner city ferry to New Farm Park (City cat).