PDA

View Full Version : all Italian day

AMS
28-09-2013, 3:34pm
G"day all,

I am of to a all italian car & bike show tomorrow.

any tips or hints, for settings to use??

iam using a cannon 600d,with a 55-250mm,18-55& 35-105 lens. wanting to shoot in raw.

Many Thanks in advance

Bears Pics

ricktas
28-09-2013, 4:15pm
will the cars and bikes just be stationary and on display (indoors or out?), or will they be moving around a circuit etc?

If you have a polariser, use it, it will reduce reflections off chrome/glass.

chappo1
28-09-2013, 5:35pm
Try and keep the extraneous background to a minimum unless it adds to the story. Most of these displays have the cars too close together and with background clutter to get clean shots...john

Mark L
28-09-2013, 10:19pm
Use Av mode, maybe spot meter for the part of the photo you want expose correctly (though raw will give you something to play with here) and don't be afraid to bend your knees.
Think about composition as you take your photos.

ameerat42
29-09-2013, 4:20pm
If you spot a maroon Fiat 125S, I know who owns it.

hightone
01-10-2013, 9:59am
I'll also be asking if the cars are stationary or moving? if moving, u probably need a monopod, turn to S or TV, pan and shoot with slightly slower shutter speed. If stationary, just shoot with A or AV, and yes get a CPL to shoot with it.

AMS
27-10-2013, 10:00am
silly question.
what is a cpl??

Cheers Bears Pics

ricktas
27-10-2013, 10:38am
silly question.
what is a cpl??

Cheers Bears Pics

circular polariser (filter). there are linear polarisers as well but they do not work so well with digital sensors, so if you are going to invest in one make sure it is a CPL. They work the same as polarising sunglasses, reducing glare/reflections and increasing contrast. So they are good for vehicle shots to cut down the reflections on glass/chrome etc

ooooops0
23-01-2014, 9:29am
HI I'm new here but also into car photography and will post some pics soon, but have to agree about the CPL.

I bought a new HOYA one off EBAY for only about $33 and it is brilliant.

Had a play last week and took 2 identical shots (with and without) and its like magic!

Took ALL glare/reflection off car and gave sky a nice intense blue...well worth the few $$

Also look for different angles etc and some of my favourite shots were using the liveview and placing camera right down on ground.