PDA

View Full Version : Funeral

paulheath
08-09-2013, 7:45pm
Don't know if this is in right thread .
A close friend has asked me to come to his fathers funeral and take some photos . My question is , has anybody ever done a funeral? i have no real problem with doing this, but im not quite sure what the other people attending might think. Also on such an occasion what kind of photos are deemed suitable. Thanks in advance

ameerat42
08-09-2013, 8:34pm
Yes, a couple, in exactly similar circumstances.
Here's what: do as the person asks; don't become obtrusive; don't worry about what others may think.

Deemed? Well (apart from what you think/your friend asks for), some of the main stages; casket, close-ups of funerary items on/about casket; celebrant; speakers of eulogies; procession; hearse; graveside crowds; lowering of casket; shots at wake; etc., etc.

I'm sure you'll do a good job. A lens like 17-70; minimal use of flash (low-power if needed at all)...
Am.

paulheath
08-09-2013, 9:11pm
thanks Am , was just a little worried what other people may of thought about a photographer taking pictures . im sure my friend will inform everybody . once again thanks

Mark L
09-09-2013, 9:15pm
At my fathers funeral, I found I got some good photos of people as they unwound at the wake. It was actually a time for old friends and family that hadn't seen each other for a while to catch up. Must seemed happy a record was being taken of the "event".
Before that, as AM said, "don't become obtrusive", most people won't notice then and if they do, won't care (as long as you don't make yourself the centre of attention).
You have been asked to take photos. Don't feel guilty for doing so.