PDA

View Full Version : Camera Cleaning

dasinc
08-09-2013, 8:03pm
G'day everyone :)

Hoping someone can point me in the best direction to get my camera cleaned. Took it out last week to bluff knoll, noticed a spot in the photos, used an air blower to remove it.....all good. Then at the end of the trip I noticed several spots and I couldn't remove them with the blower.

I was too reluctant to try the lens pen (since I have no idea what I am doing and I've never had a camera before) but my mate said he'd done it before....long story short, I see more spots that image through the viewfinder!

I'd love a recommendation on where to go to get it fixed, and the best way of cleaning it for future reference.

P.S. I am pretty sure it is just on the mirrors?...I don't seem to notice anything on the images.

Thanks in advance.

ricktas
08-09-2013, 8:24pm
Get a wet cleaning kit from AP advertiser cameracheckpoint, and then use youtube for videos showing you how to do it. It is not hard to do and a skill worth having if you are going to remain an avid photographer.

macmich
08-09-2013, 8:57pm
second what rick said
i got myself a kit from camera checkpoint, and i was hesitant at first but if you read the instructions and watch the videos all will be good
cheers macca

dasinc
08-09-2013, 10:55pm
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Definitely on the mirror.....looks like someone has sneezed on it!

Craig Zilko
09-11-2013, 11:14am
*removed - read site rules 3-7*