PDA

View Full Version : WA meet up... it's been a while.

wmphoto
03-09-2013, 7:48pm
Been quite a while since the last WA meet up, who's up for a get together? Let's get some suggestions going.

Kings Park - springtime
The hills - while there's still water around
Industrial shoot
Sunset beach shoot

Throw some dates and ideas up.

Cheers
Warren

mpot
17-12-2013, 1:54am
Wow - there's been plenty of interest in this thread! ;-)

How about a sunrise or sunset shoot at the beach in the next couple of weeks?

Roosta
18-12-2013, 11:20am
It's a bit of a shame, there used to be quite a few of us that used to get out, but with work/family and trying to balance everything else, it all sort of fell apart.
I'm interested for sure, I work away, so I'll keep checking for dates. Early in the new year is better for me.
Industrial shoot sounds pretty cool? Don't mind a good sunset either. Depends, you both say Perth, I'm up near Landsdale, but happy to travel, Leighton beach from the gun platforms could be an afternoon option, sunset and semi industrial (Freo port inthe BG), then head into Rous Head???

Milbs1
19-12-2013, 4:12pm
Its been AGES since I even logged on here, and a shame the meets dried up. Still see a few of the old group around and about occaisionally.
Would be good to catch up, sunsets/evenings work best for me, maybe in the new year.

It's been a while Blue, hope things are good with you :)

Sarge
19-12-2013, 4:16pm
Ages since I checked in here too, but always keen to go out and shoot!

Roosta
19-12-2013, 4:54pm
Its been AGES since I even logged on here, and a shame the meets dried up. Still see a few of the old group around and about occaisionally.
Would be good to catch up, sunsets/evenings work best for me, maybe in the new year.

It's been a while Blue, hope things are good with you :)

Hi Shirl,

All good mate, just lots of family and work stuff in my life at the moment,

Rick (Site generated) kept sending me the 3 months since you've been on here message. I've done bugger all with photography of late, but heading to Gracetown over the Xmass period, so the Ol trusty Canon will make the trip. Brought a timer release for astro stuff, about 6+ months ago, and it's still in the box. Hopefully get some clear nights and give it a whirl. Also hit the coast on sunset, will take the filters this time. Any way, have a great Christmas and fantastic New Year..

Would love to catch up, have been following your work on Flickr and Canon Photo 5, some nice work matey.

See if Peter King reads this, not sure if Jeff is stall around, Shirly (birding) and Ash maybe,

I'm keen.

waylib
22-12-2013, 5:21pm
Watching this thread with interest... It would be cool to get out and learn from more experienced people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fess67
22-12-2013, 9:34pm
Why not all hop up to Kalgoorlie for a weekend. :D

peterking
24-12-2013, 10:10pm
Yes I did. In Brisbane till New Year's Eve .

outstar79
27-12-2013, 6:58pm
A meet up would be great, be nice to see a few of you all face to face (maybe?!!:D), I'm free nearly all January - even be up in the big smoke from the 15th/16th for about a week! :cool:

wmphoto
30-12-2013, 2:23pm
A meet up would be great, be nice to see a few of you all face to face (maybe?!!:D), I'm free nearly all January - even be up in the big smoke from the 15th/16th for about a week! :cool:

Well since I started the thread, I should jump back in now that there is some interest.

How about an afternoon / evening for Fri 17/1 or Sat 18/1? I'm a bit over sunsets and think we should try maybe a wildlife / bird shoot. Bibra Lake, Herdsman Lake, etc...

outstar79
30-12-2013, 2:46pm
Well since I started the thread, I should jump back in now that there is some interest.

How about an afternoon / evening for Fri 17/1 or Sat 18/1? I'm a bit over sunsets and think we should try maybe a wildlife / bird shoot. Bibra Lake, Herdsman Lake, etc...

Absolutely mate - I'll be up for that!

waylib
31-12-2013, 9:07am
I am also keen for that depending on work as that can change at the last minute but at the moment it's all clear for the 18th.
Cheers
Wayne

Wayno
03-01-2014, 12:16pm
It has been a while since I've checked this thread too.
I'm happy to meet a few new faces anywhere the general consensus decides - depending on if I am in town or on site.
I'll regularly check back here to get the goss.

Cheers,
Wayne.
:th3:

Angella
03-01-2014, 8:37pm
I'm keen to get out n about and meet some new people. Will watch this thread.
cheers
Ang

Roosta
04-01-2014, 8:54pm
Should be able to make the 18th..

outstar79
05-01-2014, 6:37pm
Could be for the 18th then! I'm in! Would love to meet up! :cool:

wmphoto
06-01-2014, 2:05am
What about Sat 18/1 in the afternoon/evening in the hills somewhere like Mundaring. Opportunity for nature, wildlife, macro, etc..

outstar79
06-01-2014, 12:48pm
What about Sat 18/1 in the afternoon/evening in the hills somewhere like Mundaring. Opportunity for nature, wildlife, macro, etc..

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully a few people will be able to attend - suggest a time/mud map and I'll be there! :D

wmphoto
06-01-2014, 3:03pm
Who would be up for a 5pm meet up Saturday 18/1 at

Fred Jacoby Park
Mundaring Weir Rd
Mundaring

We could then move on to other parks and the Weir if need be.

Note - I have never been here so I don't know what it has to offer, but that's half the fun :D

waylib
06-01-2014, 5:09pm
Who would be up for a 5pm meet up Saturday 18/1 at

Fred Jacoby Park
Mundaring Weir Rd
Mundaring

We could then move on to other parks and the Weir if need be.

Note - I have never been here so I don't know what it has to offer, but that's half the fun :D

Sounds good at this stage. Looking forward to it.

Cheers
Wayne

Angella
08-01-2014, 8:36pm
Unfortunately I can't make the 18th but will keep watching for any future meet ups
cheers
Ang

JoPho
09-01-2014, 10:09am
The idea of meeting unknown people from a forum in the bush is a somewhat intimidating thought, but I would love to at the same time. :o

Birds and macro at 5pm!
Won't it be getting a tad dark?

Roosta
09-01-2014, 4:43pm
The idea of meeting unknown people from a forum in the bush is a somewhat intimidating thought, but I would love to at the same time. :o

Birds and macro at 5pm!
Won't it be getting a tad dark?

Hay Warren,

I'm with JoPho, might be better to get in a bit earlier, that way people can do what they like in the early to late afternoon, the keener sunseters might be interested to hang around later?

Just a thought.

Blue.

wmphoto
09-01-2014, 8:58pm
Sunset's not until 7:25. So that will give about an hour to an hour and a half for photos before twilight starts to set in, then a bit of golden hour till sunset.

But if people want to get there earlier there's nothing stopping you.

Roosta
10-01-2014, 11:36am
Righto - The boss has signed of on my request for leave from home, without pay of course. LOL

Saturday 18th Jan, I'm in for sure.

Happy to meet at the park, will G@@Gle it to locate. Hope it's near the pub. :beer_mug:

AB, happy to meet a bit earlier if you like, let me know. Will be heading out around 3.00 pm