PDA

View Full Version : So Black Caviar's retired. What next?

Mark L
30-08-2013, 11:02pm
Atlantic Jewel?
7 starts, 7 wins. 5 year old injury plaque mare. Runs in the last race in Melbourne tomorrow, 4:50.
This is a race full of good horses, that includes first and second place getters from last years Melbourne Cup. (Makybe Diva won this race on the way to her third Melbourne Cup).
Think the race will be broadcast on Channel 7, or you can see it for free on the computer here ..... http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/Vision/video_popout.aspx
Trainer reckons not to expect to much as she is being set for longer distances later in the Spring..
I reckon she'll win and become be a star (actually, she's already a star!)

Miracles Of Life?
4 starts, 4 wins as a 2 year old. 3 year old filly. Runs in race 4 in Melbourne tomorrow, 2:10. (see above link to watch).
Great story for a little known trainer and jockey from South Australia.
If she comes up as a 3 year old, she could be anything.:th3:

So there you go, I've just made sure two wonderful horses lose tomorrow.:)

farmer_rob
30-08-2013, 11:25pm
I'll be interested to see how Miracles of Life comes back as a 3yo - she (and the jockey) were pretty impressive in the Blue Diamond. I think she could be pretty good.

The big question mark for me with Atlantic Jewel is such a long spell - I know it's injury-related, but how good is Kavanagh at getting them fit first up?

Anyway, it could be a good day's racing.

farmer_rob
31-08-2013, 6:48pm
So, Atlantic Jewel managed it - 8 wins out of 8 runs now, but Miracles of Life fell short - 4th :(

macmich
31-08-2013, 7:11pm
thanks mark
50 up

Mark L
31-08-2013, 8:23pm
First start for 16 months over 1400 mtrs. How impressive was that.
Atlantic Jewel is now our new superstar.:th3:
Can we fast forward a couple of months to the Cox Plate and a meeting with that other potential superstar, Puissance De Lune?

macmich
31-08-2013, 8:56pm
mark
you will have to have a regular friday tipping thread
cheers macca

Mark L
31-08-2013, 10:20pm
mark
you will have to have a regular friday tipping thread
cheers macca

Can I gamble with other peoples money.:lol2:
There are so many races and so many horses and so many interesting stories. Black Caviar rightly gave people a horse to focus on. People would get nearly as big a thrill from watching Atlantic Jewel now.
Maybe I'll try to find a horse or story to highlight each week as we lead into the spring and the best racing each year. Maybe.
Rob might like to also!

FWIW if anyone missed how Atlantic Jewel made some good houses look average, replay here .... http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/Vision/RaceReplaySearch/tabid/108/Default.aspx?videoid=1017055

Kym
31-08-2013, 10:26pm
25/25 is not going to happen in a long time

Mark L
03-09-2013, 9:46pm
^ that's true enough Kym.
Because of injury and the fact one of the largest stud operations in the world owns her, Atlantic Jewel won't have the chance to get to 25.
She is an exciting horse that may help replace a void for some that enjoy watching a champion.:th3: