PDA

View Full Version : Surviving a marriage break up. Might not be around here as often.

Ezookiel
29-08-2013, 2:49pm
I'll be trying to stick my head in as often as possible, and certainly won't forget that I have a camera, because using it helps bring me pleasure, but I also might not be in here quite as often.
Thankfully the kids are 20 and 21, so they're pretty well sorted and fine. It's just messy stuff like houses, and loans to be sorted, provided counseling doesn't end up seeing us back together that is (so far counselors have suggested it's definitely repairable).
Will keep popping in as much as possible, even if it's just for a spirit lift as I admire some amazing photography. Cheers to all.

ameerat42
29-08-2013, 3:06pm
Best wishes, Zook.
Am.

Granville
29-08-2013, 3:08pm
Chin up Zook. If it's repairable, and it's worth repairing, then grab it and repair it.

ricktas
29-08-2013, 8:13pm
Best of luck with it all. And we will be here when you need some stress relief, a laugh, some photography to look at.

Real life comes before a website, so focus on the important stuff and leave the lens focusing for later.

old dog
29-08-2013, 8:36pm
been there Ez. Best of luck sorting it all out. It will work out either way...just be positive and get the camera out as much as possible.

Lance B
29-08-2013, 9:18pm
I hope everything works out for the best for you and all concerned. It's always a tough thing, but as Graeme says be positive and get the camera out to take your mind off things. When I am stressed, it is amazing how a few hours of photography takes my mind off it all.

GerryK
29-08-2013, 9:26pm
Hang in there. the future is a beautiful place. Be positive and find space to use the camera. I found it very therapeutic when I was where you are now.

Mark L
29-08-2013, 9:39pm
:(:(

Thinking of both of you.
Que Sera, Sera

peterb666
29-08-2013, 10:35pm
Hi Ezookiel

I used photography to survive a crap marriage. Met some great people here on AP. I have moved on and could not be happier with many new friends, a great new partner. OK, so my photography is still crap, I got to keep all my camera gear.

Each day is a new day and try and make it better than the last.

geoffsta
30-08-2013, 9:25am
Chin up mate. And the kids maybe 20-21 But need just as much support as you and your partner. They are the ones that will keep both of you sane through this whole situation. Good luck.

chappo1
30-08-2013, 9:38am
I am a newbie back but best wishes....john

chelle
30-08-2013, 11:29am
Go gently with yourself. My marriage ended just after I joined AP a few years ago and the upheaval and sadness that came with it meant I had no creative passion for photography and no energy to put into learning.
It took a little while but in hindsight it's amazing how quickly things start to pick up. I hope you get thru the tangles quickly and are able to enjoy life and your photography again real soon.

William
30-08-2013, 4:21pm
Hey Zook , I survived two marriages and two Divorces (three children involved), Been with my present partner 22yrs (Not Married) Happy as a pig in , You know what , Some times it takes maybe 18 months to get over , Hang in there , If you need any support ,just PM me for what it's worth - Bill ;)

cupic
01-09-2013, 12:23am
There is always light at the end ,at least your partner and you have counseling,so It should work out for the best.

Mine didn't want a bar of it so My situation is finished,so move on in life its too short

hears to you sorting it out

cheers

FallingHorse
01-09-2013, 11:11pm
Stay strong Zook!

Analog6
02-09-2013, 7:47am
Best of luck with it, what's meant to happen will.

Retro
02-09-2013, 2:42pm
Hey Zook-sorry to hear this mate. I'm just three and a bit years into my nearly 20 year relationship ending. Tough to get through I can tell ya and there are times where you just don't want to acknowledge what's happening. No matter what there's always people here and around you willing to listen and, if needed, provide some perspective. Don't feel like this is something you have to do, or get through alone: Friends and people you can talk too are so very important right now. There's nothing more important than communication as I found out, so keep talking with your partner as much as possible and others to help you with what you're experiencing.

Best of luck with everything and don't hold back coming here for a chat.

- Bill