PDA

View Full Version : Diffuser for canon 580ex Flash

big tex
26-08-2013, 6:56pm
Any one have any recommendations & practical experience with flash diffuser for a canon 580

nardes
26-08-2013, 7:04pm
Any one have any recommendations & practical experience with flash diffuser for a canon 580

I use a Lumiquest for the 580 EX II as shown in Msg #10 in this post (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?97551-Dragon-and-Damsel-eyes)and I find it excellent for macro photography.

Cheers

Dennis

fess67
26-08-2013, 7:05pm
I just use one of those plastic white covers. I tried a sort of strap on lightbox but it was useless. The plastic slip on cover is effective, easy and practical.

Wretched
05-09-2013, 5:38pm
If I need to use one, I just use the 50c thing I bought from eBay. Works fine. I say don't buy into the hype some brands will give you on such a rudimentary piece of gear. Perhaps some stuff, like the Gary Fong globe-like thing, but not those factory-style ones. I also have one of those box-style things kind of similar to the one shown in nardes' post, but it's simple folded frosted plastic. I used it once, if that gives you any idea of its usefulness. Clearly, his setup works!

Fedgrub
11-02-2014, 4:37pm
I just grabbed a few cheap ones on eBay and change them around depending on the angles required.