>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Days ahead of 2013 London show, Ricoh Imaging launches Pentax 35mm FF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/g...#ixzz2d3l8vgK3

Jack.

The link doesn`t work,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London fashion show is recognised alongside New York, Paris and Milan as one of the Big 4 fashion weeks. Ricoh Imaging decided to surprise all their current and future users by issuing "Pentax 35mm", a Fotografer's Fragrance (FF) — ahead of the venue.

"Big 3 is where we want to be, so we'll skip Milan this year. However, unlike other two camera brands who often cover and sponsor fashion shows, we at Ricoh Imaging feel that photographers should feel like photographers. A piece of magnesium wrapped in rubberised plastic has no personality. Therefore, after experimenting a lot with various 35mm approaches our users are concerned about, we at Ricoh Imaging have gone back to the drawing board, and tried to comprehend the basics of the image — and convey that with our new 35mm Pentax product. The quest was quite practical. We understand that the essence of the image is all about the photographer", Jim Malcolm, head of Ricoh Imaging USA stated.

"It's the photographer, not the gear, and today we can boldly confirm that old saying", said John Carlson, head of marketing of Ricoh Imaging USA smilingly, wearing all new Pentax 35 mm FF, and powder blue and white Pentax K-01 camera exclusively designed for Ricoh Imaging by Marc Newson. “We at Ricoh Imaging want to convey that how we look, is a constant challenge of balancing comfort in the field with luxe, or, balancing the practical, i.e how photographer takes a shot, with the desirable. So while we are engaged in an ongoing task of designing future cameras that are highly practical, we want the photographers to be desirable — before they take a shot, during the photo-shoot, and after it, when all gear is packed. That what remains, is all-important."

“Your fragrance tells how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Pentax 35mm FF is thus instant language, works as fast as the snap focus in our GR camera, and reaches farther than our large Pentax DA560 telescope lens. It not only complements all our products, but most importantly, everyone can afford Pentax 35mm FF and wear alongside any camera and always have a better image — isn't that chic?”

Asked to comment about ever-present press and photo-reporters in fashion shows equipped with Nikon and Canon cameras and lenses, Mr Malcolm replied reassuringly, “We at Ricoh Imaging don’t shoot fashion — we are fashion.”

To design its revolutionary Pentax 35mm FF, Ricoh Imaging approached celebrated Japanese fashion designer Issey Miyake. Like many fashion designers, Issey Miyake established a line of fragrances over 20 years ago. His first was launched in 1992, and he believes that Pentax 35mm FF is the instant new classic. Fragrance will be available in large 135 ml perfume bottles designed to resemble classic film Pentax cameras, and in convenient half-that-size bottles too.

— For Crazy Pentax Rumours, yours truly

Pixley
26-08-2013, 6:56pm
Oh ho ho! Won't go down well over at Pentaxforums though :p

Rattus79
26-08-2013, 8:51pm
Forgive me my ignorance if I'm.wrong but the k-01 was discontinued and was a apsc sensor. Same 16 meg Sony unit used in the then flagship k5.

pixy
26-08-2013, 11:33pm
Forgive me my ignorance if I'm.wrong but the k-01 was discontinued and was a apsc sensor. Same 16 meg Sony unit used in the then flagship k5.

You are right ,but the fragrance from this one is better. :lol:

Rattus79
27-08-2013, 8:29am
Pentax's idea of a 35mm camera is an APS-C Sensor with a 23mm lens on it.