PDA

View Full Version : Lake Macquarie

arnica
15-08-2013, 12:53pm
Hi All,

We're gonna be going up to Lake Macquarie shortly, and wanted to know what/where would be some places you recommend shooting? Landscape based locations please.

I've heard Caves Beach is good during low tide, Lake mac in general (any particular location?), any others?

Normally scouting the location is part of the fun, but traveling with little ones doesn't give me much time/opportunity to scout around. So i would appreciate it if you could share some secrets with us.

old dog
15-08-2013, 4:32pm
where abouts/what suburb will you be based at? Then I might be able to suggest places that are nearby...

WhoDo
15-08-2013, 7:04pm
We're gonna be going up to Lake Macquarie shortly, and wanted to know what/where would be some places you recommend shooting? Landscape based locations please.

I've heard Caves Beach is good during low tide, Lake mac in general (any particular location?), any others?

Normally scouting the location is part of the fun, but traveling with little ones doesn't give me much time/opportunity to scout around. So i would appreciate it if you could share some secrets with us.

As you are aware, Caves Beach can be nice but Catherine Hill Bay at low tide is much better due to the presence of the old coal wharf (while it still lives). Also Murray's Beach jetty (particularly at sunset), Swansea foreshore, Pelican foreshore, Marks Point park (end of Marks Point Road is a tiny park, limited room), Squid's Ink at Belmont South, Warner's Bay foreshore and Redhead Beach.

I'm retired so if you guys are looking for a guide for the day, Phil, I'll be happy to have a shooting partner or two.:th3:

Mark L
16-08-2013, 7:42pm
Mark's point is don't bother with Marks Point. Was to overgrow a few months back.

Mat
16-08-2013, 8:07pm
agree with Waz... Also Toronto on the western side of the lake

arnica
26-08-2013, 2:47pm
Thanks for all the replies!!

We couldn't get any accommodation up at lake Mac, so we ended up getting Umina Beach instead.

Mat
26-08-2013, 11:14pm
There are lots to shoot there too... Pearl Beach, Woy Woy jettys just to mention a couple

Mark L
27-08-2013, 7:55pm
We couldn't get any accommodation up at lake Mac, so we ended up getting Umina Beach instead.

We have friends who have a small holiday house at Swansea that they rent out! This info is probably to late! If not, PM me.

arnica
28-08-2013, 10:04am
We have friends who have a small holiday house at Swansea that they rent out! This info is probably to late! If not, PM me.

Thanks Mark,

We've since paid for another accommodation already.

We've got 12 adults in this "smallish" group hahaha... Havent even counted the kids yet.