PDA

View Full Version : Removing background

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 11:20am
Hi New here, This is my own photo of me (Own it).., so far I've tried ACDsee to clone background, to make it all like the wood panel or even a basic color, want to remove curtains in it. If someone could give me guidance on how to do it, I've tried for a while cloning isn't working...thanks in advance.

fess67
03-08-2013, 11:38am
well there are a number of options here. One is really really easy, the others will involve some work in post production.

The easy option: - - put yourself in front of the wood panelling and take the picture again. Or stand in front of a more plain background and take the photo again.

The harder options involve cutting yourself out of the picture and putting a different background in. Likely the result will not be great

ricktas
03-08-2013, 11:41am
Use the burn tool and make the background completely black. if you do want the wood paneling you need to make a selection of yourself in the photo, then reverse the selection and work on cloning inside the selection to ensure that only that which you want changed is changed. The big issue with cloning the wood paneling here is getting the widths of each panel right in the cloned version such that it doesn't look edited, and that is something way beyond what a beginner could achieve without lots of practice, undo, redo etc. Expect to have to spend quite some time doing it

ricktas
03-08-2013, 11:49am
so by making a selection of yourself and then inverting it you can clone without it interfering with you in the image:

I would need to spend more time doing it well, making a much more perfect selection to start with and then slowly building up the cloning to achieve a half decent result, but this gives you an idea of the process needed.

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 12:20pm
Thanks :), Id take the photo again but its 3yrs old lol, Ok so photoshop use that i try thanks :) PS cheers Ricktas might even try for the panel wood, without the black lines..

ricktas
03-08-2013, 1:00pm
When you are done, come back and show us how you did.

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 2:29pm
Ok still at it lol..:rolleyes:

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 4:22pm
I try some more tomorrow blah lol