PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide photography meet 10th Aug

Dug
30-07-2013, 7:51pm
Hi I'm Doug
There is a group of us having a casual photography meet in and around the Central Market in the city.
All welcome to join us, beginners to experienced. We photograph anything and everything.

10th of Aug 8am start
meeting at the Victoria Sq entrance (just up from the taxi stands)

Those who know their way around the trams might find it handy to take one to Victoria Sq and not have to bother with parking.

We are a core group of 4 keen amateur photographers who first meet though another forum and did a meet at the Port in March, this will be our 6th meet up since then.
The group has no name or associations and we like to keep what we do on the day as open as possible so everyone can do what suits them.

So far 3 definites and 2 most likely for attendance.

Dug
31-07-2013, 4:24pm
(bump)

Plays With Light
02-08-2013, 10:34pm
Howdy Doug, I'd love to come along, but wouldn't be able to get in till about 9:30am. Would that be too late to catch up with you all?

Thanks,
John

Dug
02-08-2013, 11:15pm
9:30 would be fine.
I don't have a mob myself, but I will PM you one of the other attendees number closer to the time so you can ring and track us down.

We will probably be there till at least noon I reckon. I'm happy to shoot on if you want to spend more time.
I know you like your architecture photography, so do I.

Plays With Light
03-08-2013, 1:02pm
Thanks Doug, have PM'd you with my mobile #. Count me as a definite and I'd love to lurk longer, have too many buildings I haven't attempted to shoot in the CBD yet. :cool:

Dug
09-08-2013, 10:55am
Quick reminder, if you find you have tomorrow morning free (Sat) come and join us with your camera.

Plays With Light
09-08-2013, 9:54pm
Quick reminder, if you find you have tomorrow morning free (Sat) come and join us with your camera.

Doug would you recommend bringing a tripod for architectural shots later on tomorrow, or just to go freehand?

Seven
09-08-2013, 11:08pm
Just getting back into having fun again with the camera and only just seen the post. Maybe next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuoz
09-08-2013, 11:21pm
Love to come but we have to work in the morning, so unable to...
We will look out for the next one.
thanks

Dug
10-08-2013, 12:51am
Doug would you recommend bringing a tripod for architectural shots later on tomorrow, or just to go freehand?

Sorry just got back to reading this.
I'm taking mine but will probably leave it in the car till later.
If you don't bring one but wish you did, I'll bring my travel tripod as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just getting back into having fun again with the camera and only just seen the post. Maybe next one

Love to come but we have to work in the morning, so unable to...
We will look out for the next one.
thanks

Yes Saturday morning is not good for a lot of people with work commitments.
Next one will be at the Adelaide Zoo.
I'll post details on that when we finalize a date. I will also suggest it be a Sunday.

AussieBigMal
10-08-2013, 1:12pm
Oh no. I read this and realise it was this morning :o

Only new here, would love to come to the next one.

Plays With Light
11-08-2013, 9:07am
Doug, thanks for letting us know about this. Had lots of fun, met some great characters, learnt a few things and even got a few good shots out. Looking forward to the upcoming Zoo trip.

Dug
12-08-2013, 2:23am
Doug, thanks for letting us know about this. Had lots of fun, met some great characters, learnt a few things and even got a few good shots out. Looking forward to the upcoming Zoo trip.

Good on you for coming. I know its not easy going in cold to a new group, but they are all good guy's, no aloof gear heads here :)
The next one could be a biggy (well by our standards) if even half the people who have expressed interest come along.

Ms Monny
12-08-2013, 7:35am
Until footy is over Saturdays are not good for me. I would love to join in on one in the near-ish future!

beeps
14-08-2013, 9:50am
Sorry, I missed this post. Would be a good idea for next meet to PM the SA Members group on AP:)

Blackberner
15-09-2013, 6:11pm
Second that last post, I would love to join you guys on you next outing...

Mathy
16-09-2013, 7:18pm
Anything on a Saturday would be great and I'd love to get to a meet, cheers Deb

Dug
29-09-2013, 9:01pm
The next meet of our group is currently being discussed on another forum.
I will post the finalized details in a fresh tread here in the SA section, so look out for it.
It will be an Adelaide Zoo outing.

Would be a good idea for next meet to PM the SA Members group on AP:)

I see where the list is. I take it I paste that list of names into the "Recipient Users:" box of an open PM.