PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled

Steve Axford
11-07-2013, 6:07pm
I am puzzled by the outcome to this thread "Where to host photo slideshows?"
It seems an extreme response to me. While being sick isn't a total excuse, it does excuse some things, and this thing is hardly a capital crime.

ricktas
11-07-2013, 7:04pm
The outcome was that the member wanted their account removed, so I did.

All I was asking was that she at least acknowledge those who have helped her on the site in the past, that was something she was not willing to do and asked that I close her account. It was not me or the moderators who closed her account due to activity on the site, it was done at the member's request.

ameerat42
11-07-2013, 8:40pm
Yes, I also had a long and hard look at this thread, and the OP's posts/threads. It was difficult.
I suppose that each party concerned took the steps each deemed right at the time. Hard to/pointless to attribute any "blame", or
ascertain any right or wrong. In the end, all I could do was accept a parting of ways.

Unless I am totally befuddled, I am trying to be as unbiased as possible. This is my main message: not all things to all people at all times.
(Or something like that.)
Am.

Mark L
11-07-2013, 9:05pm
Yes Steve I was also a little puzzled and since you've raised it.
The OP was using health as an excuse not to thank some for the help with the question that was originally posted.
Since all replies were posted within a day of the question, I wonder how she was healthy enough to post the question.

Steve Axford
11-07-2013, 10:18pm
Having had very close contact to someone who died of breast cancer, and knowing the trauma involved, I would be inclined to give any similar person the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that's just me.
I also know that survival of trauma like that tends to make you fairly assertive when there is a perception that you are being attacked.
I thought the thread gave a bad impression. It doesn't leave a good taste.

ricktas
11-07-2013, 10:40pm
Having had very close contact to someone who died of breast cancer, and knowing the trauma involved, I would be inclined to give any similar person the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that's just me.
I also know that survival of trauma like that tends to make you fairly assertive when there is a perception that you are being attacked.
I thought the thread gave a bad impression. It doesn't leave a good taste.

I could have just removed the thread. However, I prefer to be transparent. And I am sure you are not alone in your experiences with cancer. I reckon most members have had, or know someone who has, or has had cancer. In my experiences (I have several family members and friends who have experienced cancer) it did not affect their ability to say thank you!

In the interests of further transparency, here is the person's website : http://www.mulberrylanephotography.com.au/blog/
Where she has posted about doing client shoots in the last month or two. Yet finding the time to say 'thank you' is something she could not do.

Certainly having cancer can be devastating and is a very hard experience to go through, and I had no hesitation in wishing her all the best for her ongoing recovery, as I would anyone suffering an illness that was severe.

The member chose to have her Ausphotography access removed, and I did as requested. She could also have chosen to click the link to her previous thread, that I provided, and say 'thank you'. She chose not to, and then inferred that my asking her to do so, was bad form. I too was left with a bad impression.