PDA

View Full Version : Wedding photographer recommendations in Tasmania?

stoogest
03-07-2013, 10:59pm
Hi all,

A friend of mine is looking for a photographer for their wedding and I was wondering if there were any recommendations from the local Tassie photographic community?

The feeling I get is that they are looking for someone that will deliver good value for money, while operating to a reasonably tight budget. Has anyone had any personal experience with someone like this with whom I could put them in touch? I'm pretty sure it would be Hobart based.

They did ask if I was interested, but I had to decline...that sort of pressure just isn't my cup of tea. And mountains tend to stay still for me, unlike people... :D

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Andrew.

ricktas
04-07-2013, 6:13am
most of the weekend warriors I know who do/did weddings have given up doing them, mainly cause there appears to be a market for the really cheap, and then the other end with quite expensive, but the economic situation seems to have removed those middle ground clients at present, which was where they fit in the wedding photographer market.

The only people I know still doing them (and I have no idea of what they charge) is http://mojohphotography.com/ and possibly DNC imaging (https://www.facebook.com/DNCImaging), but I think DNC are focusing on portraiture now, rather than weddings (again no idea what they charge. DNC used to do quite a few weddings, but I have not heard of them doing any in the last 12-18 months.

stoogest
04-07-2013, 6:56pm
Thanks for that Rick. It's always difficult trying to pre-empt what someone else is looking for in a photographer. I'll pass on those details and see what they think.

Andrew.

Ganzer
05-07-2013, 8:45pm
You could try PMC photography a go they have both a website and facebook page.

stoogest
05-07-2013, 9:29pm
Thanks for the tip Ganzer. Have you (or anyone you know) used them before?

Ganzer
07-07-2013, 7:11pm
Paul and Sarah from PMC are great, they did a friends wedding and I have helped them with big farm wedding. I know they take shots for a dance school, sport events and weddings are their main thing.

stoogest
07-07-2013, 9:15pm
Cheers for that. It's good to know that they can deliver the goods!