PDA

View Full Version : ** australiana pioneer village - wednesday, 3rd july**

NikonNellie
01-07-2013, 11:25am
As I am on holidays for a couple weeks I am wanting to get out through the day for a photography fix.

I am intending to go and visit the Australiana Pioneer Village at Wilberforce this coming Wednesday, 3rd July. It is only open during the school holidays for a couple of days each week of the holidays. Just putting it out there if any one wants to join me. I intend to get there about 10:30am. Please PM or post here if you are interested.

Here is the website for the Village:

http://www.theaustralianapioneervillage.com.au/

Whilst I am out there I might also visit an historic church at Ebenezer.

peterb666
01-07-2013, 9:31pm
Oh rats, some of us have to work for a living.

raccoon
02-07-2013, 6:31am
I will be working as well, hope you have a good day.. It should be sunny on Wednesday.

danny
02-07-2013, 7:24pm
Spent many weekends there as a kid, my dad worked there for some time.

Danny

NikonNellie
02-07-2013, 7:37pm
I will be working as well, hope you have a good day.. It should be sunny on Wednesday.

Oh rats, some of us have to work for a living.

I love my job! You guys got any ideas for a meet? Would love to have one before I head off OS.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent many weekends there as a kid, my dad worked there for some time.

Danny

I knew it had been around for many years. I can't ever recall going there.
I believe that they have refurbished it in the last few years. I am hoping it won't be too crowded.

mechawombat
03-07-2013, 6:33pm
Bugger missed seeing this. My weekends are work days

Mark L
03-07-2013, 10:10pm
I knew it had been around for many years.

Not that it's particularly important. I remember going there as a kid, probably early or mid '70s. Then we went to the butterfly place out that way!

leanneqld
04-07-2013, 2:00pm
wow, it's still there. I remember going on a school excursion there way back in the early 70s. If was still living in Sydney I would have come :(

NikonNellie
04-07-2013, 7:37pm
Bugger missed seeing this. My weekends are work days

mechawombat - It is open Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I had a lovely time browsing through all of the buildings. My niftyfifty got a good workout. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it's particularly important. I remember going there as a kid, probably early or mid '70s. Then we went to the butterfly place out that way!

I passed the Butterfly Farm just before reaching the Pioneer Village. I believe it is now mainly a Go-Kart track and a small museum with some mounted displays of butterflies. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

wow, it's still there. I remember going on a school excursion there way back in the early 70s. If was still living in Sydney I would have come :(

I think it closed down for a while Leanne then it was refurbished a few years a go and is now run by volunteers.
:)

peterb666
07-07-2013, 2:31pm
I think it closed down for a while Leanne then it was refurbished a few years a go and is now run by volunteers.
:)

I had been closed down for quite a while - even before Old Sydney Town closed down. It reopened about 2 years ago.