PDA

View Full Version : Looking at upgrading my old 500d...

MasterOfRoc
21-06-2013, 2:09pm
But need to stay cheapish...

The "Japanese version" of the 7d..

Is it fine? Or avoid like the plague?

http://bit.ly/1aytmuu

Thanks

I @ M
21-06-2013, 2:21pm
Buy one from these guys (http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/canon-eos-7d-body-only-digital-slr-cameras.html), they will make it whatever country version you want just by setting the menu language to suit your needs. :)

MasterOfRoc
21-06-2013, 4:19pm
And those are legit? Grey? (The question I was posing)

MasterOfRoc
21-06-2013, 4:20pm
I guess the next question, is 7d the way to go for a Cheap, but good upgrade

I @ M
21-06-2013, 4:31pm
And those are legit? Grey? (The question I was posing)

Yes they are legit grey imported 7D Canon bodies. They will be exactly the same body and all the bits and pieces in the box as an Australian sourced 7D body. You may have to buy a $2.00 Aus power adaptor for the charger.

The only noticeable difference between buying a grey camera and a local camera will be the thickness of your wallet.

I guess the next question, is 7d the way to go for a Cheap, but good upgrade

I think as an upgrade to your 500D, the 7D will be perfect and serve you very well for quite a while.

MasterOfRoc
21-06-2013, 4:33pm
Two dollars? Rip-off! Haha

Thanks, very handy answer

Fruengalli
21-06-2013, 5:46pm
I've heard if you need Canon service in Aus they are pretty harsh price wise on non Au product

ktoopi
21-06-2013, 9:14pm
The 7d is a fantastic camera and I think would be a more than suitable upgrade......however I would shop around as the price in the link you provided is pretty expensive for a 7d at the moment. you should definitely not pay over $1000 for body only. I have seen them for $890 very recently (grey importers)...can't remember where sorry....but shop around!:):)

Cattleprod
22-06-2013, 4:28pm
+1 for the suggested supplier... I've bought from them without a problem. Strange, I seem to recall 7D bodies for a lot cheaper than the current prices... have they gone up in price?

Epoc
22-06-2013, 9:43pm
The body in the link you provided is grey import anyways. There are cheaper places to buy grey. Use Eglobal or even better DWI. The latter provide local contact numbers for every state and Australian repairers should the need arise.

MasterOfRoc
22-06-2013, 11:01pm
Thanks, some great feedback

Epoc
22-06-2013, 11:11pm
Just want to add, I have bought of both the suppliers I mentioned. The experience was VERY positive and their speed of delivery is 2nd to none. I will buy off them again.

MasterOfRoc
28-06-2013, 7:03pm
Thanks again, end of next month is looking very likely for me. And it sounds like I've found a couple of potential suppliers as mentioned.

MasterOfRoc
30-07-2013, 11:06am
EGlobal turnaround time, how would you rate it?

Ships from OS or Aus?

Cheers

ricktas
30-07-2013, 11:48am

Ships from OS or Aus?

Cheers

Like all online stores, Eglobal, DWI, etc, the turn around depends on stock availability to them. If they have it in stock they usually ship within a day or two, but if they have to order it in, it can take longer. Remember these are global grey dealers so their stock supply can go up or down, very fast. They might have 50 7D's on the shelf, but get 60 orders for them in a two day period. They ship out of Hong Kong.

MasterOfRoc
30-07-2013, 12:40pm
Like all online stores, Eglobal, DWI, etc, the turn around depends on stock availability to them. If they have it in stock they usually ship within a day or two, but if they have to order it in, it can take longer. Remember these are global grey dealers so their stock supply can go up or down, very fast. They might have 50 7D's on the shelf, but get 60 orders for them in a two day period. They ship out of Hong Kong.

Cheers. One last, I promise... 7d raw and 500d raw effectively the same file?

ktoopi
30-07-2013, 2:09pm

Ships from OS or Aus?

Cheers

I've bought fom eglobal many times and everything I've ever ordered has been on my doorstep in three working days! Obviously all the items I have ordered have been in stock!!:) As Rick said they are Hong Kong based and everything ships from there.

MasterOfRoc
30-07-2013, 3:46pm
Okay, change of plans... The old man just rocked up with a 7d kit for me! Woohoo

Won't tell me how much though, but it has an Au and NZ warranty slip