PDA

View Full Version : wedding photography and divorce

vk2gwk
03-06-2013, 5:47pm
Inspired by the interesting wedding photo in F/stop (dragon chasing the wedding party) I was just wondering what happens to wedding photos after a divorce. Happily married for over 50 years I have no experience with that....

Lance B
03-06-2013, 5:50pm
Inspired by the interesting wedding photo in F/stop (dragon chasing the wedding party) I was just wondering what happens to wedding photos after a divorce. Happily married for over 50 years I have no experience with that....

They get cut down the middle, supposedly like the finances

old dog
03-06-2013, 7:33pm
wife gets them...usually along with most other things....:eek:...yep, coming from experience I`m afraid.

ameerat42
03-06-2013, 10:02pm
Results of a TIFF: Er... one party ends up with the raws and the other gets the jpegs?

Speedway
04-06-2013, 2:00am
The wife gets everything she doesn't throw at you:lol2:
Cheers
Keith.

arthurking83
05-06-2013, 6:57am
They get cut down the middle, supposedly like the finances

LOL!

"supposedly" ... ummmm yep! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, back to the photos .... wedding photos probably end up getting treated as I did to them ... they were the one asset that I was happy to see the back of.

ricktas
05-06-2013, 7:10am
Don't ex-wives keep them and bring them out after a few drinks with the girls and say things like 'see..that bastard...' etc and end up all teary and blame the ex for everything that went wrong in their lives..from the day they were born.

Don't ex-husbands keep them and bring them out after a few drinks and use them as coasters or dart boards and scribble moustaches on the ex mother-in-law, etc and cheer and be happy about being away from the clutches of the ex?

Spose the good thing about digital is that both parties can have a copy fairly easily, to do what they want with.

ameerat42
05-06-2013, 7:58am
Perhaps it's just part of the digital divide?

Tikira
05-06-2013, 8:20am
As the family historian in the family I ended up with a VERY expensive album from my sisters first marriage in my cupboard. I have been very grateful to be able to copy photo's of our family from it, and have photoshopped them to have them appear different. I don't think my sister realises he favourite photo of our grandmother once had a bride and groom in it also!
Di

WhoDo
05-06-2013, 1:34pm
hehe ... I thought this was going to be about a wedding photographer whose wife was threatening him with divorce for spending too much time on the job and not enough on her! :p

bushbikie
05-06-2013, 10:40pm
Format C:\

Longmanstudios
23-09-2014, 8:35pm
**Deleted - Indian Spammer**

Warbler
24-09-2014, 7:19am
And for tacky, I had a client ask me to print his wedding photo large and to put them in some frames he already had. When I went to pick up the frames, they all contained.....photos of he and his first wife.... When I asked him what he wanted me to do with the photos I took out, he said "Burn then". I ended up giving the photos to his dad without him knowing. A colleague still has a wedding album that they couple never collected, even though they paid in advance for it. They separated before it came back from the printers, and neither of them would collect it.

Granville
24-09-2014, 9:06am
A colleague still has a wedding album that they couple never collected, even though they paid in advance for it. They separated before it came back from the printers, and neither of them would collect it.

Jeez that was quick. Reminds me of some advice I got before my first marriage. "Always get married on a Saturday morning, because if it doesn't work out, you haven't wrecked the whole weekend".

Bally
25-09-2014, 7:24pm
My Brother went to a wedding where the bride and groom went there separate ways during the wedding photos, sent a message back to reception to enjoy the party. Don't know what part the photographer had in it :-)

mongo
30-09-2014, 10:05am
interesting if not bizarre topic. The important question of who gets the photo gear has not been asked.

Although, the whole business does remind Mongo of an office party in the early 80's where Mongo witnessed the biggest divorce party he had ever seen when one of the guys on the next floor got divorced and celebrated big time. Thinking about this now and what this topic is about, there may be some serious demand/money in a business that offers divorce photography....hmmmmm.

then the next question is......what happens to the divorce photos when that person then remarries ???????

it all too much for Mongo's little cerebellum !

Tommo224
09-10-2014, 4:44pm
Divorce Party Photography, could be quite the lucrative photography endeavor which would be seeing more and more business over the coming years! With spontaneous celebrity marriages being a big influence on teenagers and all.

Basically just glamour photos of the divorcee to use on social and dating websites, replacing the images in the picture frames, etc. Much like Mongo's idea, I reckon it could be good?

Drivermann
16-11-2014, 4:15pm
It's not just the wedding photos that get cut in half. When my ex and I separated I eventually got a box of photos, she kept all the photo albums. She had either cut the photos up to remove her from the photos or gave me photos that she wasn't in.
Bit sad to look at a group of guys all dressed up for a wedding with no bride or bridesmaid.