PDA

View Full Version : k7 problem

mudman
26-04-2013, 2:27pm
when i tried to use my sigma 50-500 to do a moon shot the camera would not recognise the lens.
the info screen flashes and no apature details show. i assume that one of the contacts is not making proper contact when i mount then lens, onto the camera that is.
is there anything i can do to fix this or is it a workshop job?
the 18-250 works fine

Lurchorama
26-04-2013, 2:33pm
If the 18-250 works ok; you would have to assume the body side is ok.
Do the contact on the 50-500 look corroded or anything? Hve you got anyone close with another Pentax you can try it on?
If that all fails; yup - could be up for a trip to CRK. I'm not sure how much 'workshop' stuff Teds on Baileys Corner does anymore.

Pixley
26-04-2013, 2:58pm
Is the aperture ring fully in the A position on the lens?

mudman
26-04-2013, 7:13pm
thanks for the replies.
lurch, i think they send them away now. the contacts seem ok, it has not done a huge amount of work. could be the lens electrics.
pixly the lens does not have an a position, but your thinking is spot on
cheers

Pixley
27-04-2013, 8:42am
Sorry I couldn't be of help - it might end up expensive to just get it looked at. Good luck with it :o

ameerat42
27-04-2013, 9:08am
I think (can't find details) they come with 2-yr warranty, and (I think) Muddy hasn't had it long.
(I hope I'm right - and right.)

mudman
27-04-2013, 10:45am
thanks am and pixly.
i hope it won't be too expensive and i will check the warranty card, but i think i have had it more than 2 years
anyway it's better it happened now before supermoon
cheers

ameerat42
27-04-2013, 5:41pm
I just answered another thread - the supermoon. About your lens, can you still use it in manual mode? Does it work properly other than that?
If it's all you've got super-tele-wise, consider first calling CRK and discussing it. Keep it until after the moon has gone super-lunar. I reckon if you send
it nowish it won't be back in time.
Am.

mudman
27-04-2013, 5:50pm
am, the camera does not know the lens is on there. it needs to know so it can set the apature regardless of which mode it is in.
i can focus and set shutter but apature is set/adjusted on the camera. i have time to get it fixed, or use the fz28 it zooms to about 460 mm,just a lower iq.
cheers