PDA

View Full Version : Plug ins and some PS filters not showing up

Glenda
26-04-2013, 9:45am
When starting to process a photograph today I found my Nik and Topaz filters and not accessible. Their name is still there but not in bold when I click on filters. Have tried re-installing, restarting computer etc to no avail. They were working fine yesterday. Any ideas? Also noticed some of the PS filters such as oil painting are not showing up also.

ricktas
26-04-2013, 12:04pm
could be either the file format (ie it is not JPG, TIF, PSD) but some other type or you have changed the mode (menu : Image> Mode) If the file is in 32 bit mode a lot of filters and plugins will be disabled.

Glenda
26-04-2013, 1:10pm
Thanks Rick. I tried a different photo and they're back. The photo I was working with was a file opened directly from ACR, the only difference was that I'd converted to b&w within ACR for a change, even reopening it as a psd and no filters so can't understand it. Never mind will just convert after opening it in photoshop and should be all okay then.

ameerat42
26-04-2013, 4:18pm
Depends if you converted it to an RGB B/W, a greyscale B/W, or a 2-bit B/W.
It should be OK as the first type, but the other two exclude some operations.
Am.

Glenda
26-04-2013, 5:23pm
I used the greyscale button to start then adjusted whites/blacks/contrast etc so guess that's why they're not working. Very annoying.

ameerat42
26-04-2013, 6:36pm
OK, so it's still a greyscale. So those actions need 24-bit files at least.
It happens. I think all progs are similar.
Am.