PDA

View Full Version : 24x36 confirmed...

Kym
25-04-2013, 11:32am
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?119704-Photo-News-W-E-Sunday-28th-April&p=1139301&viewfull=1#post1139301

FF Pentax confirmed...

http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/900/900149.shtml

Translation http://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcpop.com%2Fdoc%2F0%2F900%2F900149.shtml

Chai Mr. Tian Zhihe

Interview with him:

Q: retro styling and refined copper shell highlights Pentax MX -1 already on the market two weeks time, how does this machine sales?

A: Although the market for a short time, but an increase in the number of dealers, has played a positive role for the sales of airplane. So, the sales volume is good.

Q: Pentax MX -1 12 million pixel 1/1.7 inch CMOS sensor, Ricoh recently released a APS-C format compact professional digital camera. Would like to ask whether under Pentax will be released in the future a MX1-like style machine?

A: Due to the continuous adjustment of the product lines, Pentax APS-C size compact professional camera being planned.

Q: this micro-camera, Pentax has released K-01, Q and Q10 kind of camera. K-01 with the shape of the creative arts also attract a lot of attention. However, due to the listing price is too high, the consumers are not acceptable. Then K-01 experienced a significant price reduction, but the actual sales and not improved significantly. I would like to ask the reason why Pentax discontinued Pentax K-01 Is it because it is overpriced, sold well have to do this?

A: On the contrary, the Pentax K-01's sell well, even in short supply.

Q: Pentax this micro-camera layout?

A: micro-camera has occupied part of the market share, it follows that we will research and development biscuits lens development and optimization of K mount lenses to meet the market needs.

Q: Pentax has been in the development of the full-frame SLR camera?

A: 2 years ago has been a reporter asked me about the things of the full-frame SLR camera. I can now say that Pentax full-frame SLR camera has been in research and development, and is a distinctive full frame.

Q: Pentax 645D's market share in the professional field that you have received the impact of the full-size SLR from Nikon D800 high pixel?

A: Pentax 645D is a very clear positioning machine, which is designed for the professional crowd. Nikon D800 high pixel SLR camera is not clear positioning for Pentax 645D impact is not large.

Okay, thanks for firewood Mr. Tian Zhihe the interview. We look forward to soon be able to see more Pentax Ricoh digital camera products to meet with consumers.

A 35mm sensor - which will be different ??

A APS-C compact, along the lines of the GR? Why one for each brand?

mudman
25-04-2013, 12:10pm
why have only 12 mega pixals on a full frame?
that's less than the k series have

Cage
25-04-2013, 1:45pm
Kym, I admire your tenacity in sticking with Pentax.

I must admit to feeling some reluctance in moving to Nikon, particularly leaving behind some marvellous glass, but I felt that I could achieve more with a full frame, and mate, I still wouldn't be holding my breath till the Pentax FF sees the light of day.

cupic
25-04-2013, 3:15pm
I too have been with Pentax ,I can can believe that FF is only a matter of time.With so many rumors towards the end of THIS year I think its a real deal.
You can quote me on that

cheers

Nezero
27-04-2013, 12:09am
Even with a Pentax FF, Pentax still lags behind in a number of things.

Should be interesting to se what happens though.

arthurking83
27-04-2013, 11:18am
Pentax's biggest problem here is not the full frame camera itself, nor the tech behind it, or the level of performance it may or may not bring to the market ... it's simply that they should have made announcements, public announcements, ages ago .. declaring that this camera is real and they think it'll be ready by <insert timeframe here> .. and then there's no problem for it's release to be delayed.

In using this secretive mode that they prefer, is losing them supporters.

It seems many folks are leaving the Pentax brand and going to (what I see as) mainly Nikon .. but whatever other brand as well.

By the time Pentax releases(or announces) this supposed full frame camera, all but one Pentax owner will still exist. (of course that'll be Kym) :D

Nezero
28-04-2013, 3:24pm
Pentax has (although I haven't used it) one of the best APS-C cameras around.
Having an FF model will just negate any chatter of people saying "why buy into Pentax, there is no 'pro' body FF option".

But as I said before, it's everything outside of these cameras that is the problem. Lack of third party support from Tamron/Sigma, lack of good flash systems (+ flash accessories).

I'm not an expert but then again, a lot of new camera buyers aren't experts too and even with a FF camera, salespeople still won't be selling Pentax and will sell Canikon for those reasons.

In addition, there is barely any Pentax products on display.

cupic
28-04-2013, 9:34pm
Before the behemoth of Canon and Nikon----- Pentax rule the SLR Kingdom
I believe that Pentax/Ricoh have had discussion with 3rd party suppliers and that the FF will be a new hybrid
all speculation but One can have hope more than fantasy

cheers

Frank C
06-05-2013, 8:38pm
I sure hope it not fantasy ,would be nice to have a FF camera for my A* lenses but i can get by with the K511s its a great camera and if they can make a FF as food i will be a happy Chappy