PDA

View Full Version : X-Pro or Z-Pro?

znelbok
18-04-2013, 2:05pm
I currently have a Cokin P Series filter holder and a couple of filters for it.

With the purchase of the D600 and the 28-70 lens I am finding that I can see the filter holder in my shots at the 28mm end.

So this would mean that I need to look at getting a new holder (and filters unfortunately).

My plan is to get a wider lens again for landscape and this has me concerned as to how big a holder I should get.

Will the Z-Pro series be OK or should I just get the X-Pro holder that is larger again and be happy in the knowledge that it will never be in the way of any shot at all.

THe downside would be that filters will be more expensive.

Mick

ricktas
18-04-2013, 8:19pm
Depends how wide you want to go with your lenses- I use my Z-Pro system with my Nikon 17-35, and turned to the single filter side it is fine at 17mm, if you stack filters using the side that allows stacking, I get vignetting. My Sigma 12-24 has a bulbous front element, like the Nikon 14-24 and if you want filters for that, you better have deep pockets.

dulvariprestige
31-05-2013, 8:26pm
Mick if you only use one filter at a time, get the cokin p wide angle holder, I was using this on my 17-40 & 5d, and it worked fine, but now that I'm using the tokina 16-28, I've gone to the X-Pro

znelbok
31-05-2013, 10:17pm
thanks guys

A bit of searching show that the lee filters for the Z-Pro (and other brands) appear to be much easier to come by, where-as the Z-Pro is much harder to find.

The Z-Pro may be the only real solution

mpot
09-10-2013, 10:53pm
I use the Z-Pro holder on my Canon 10-22mm lens, and to prevent vignetting at 10mm, I normally reverse the filter holder on the lens.