PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage? - In your dreams, mate!

ameerat42
18-04-2013, 9:37am
How often do we feel even a slight tendency to indulge in this modern trend of letting off steam?

I must own that I did this very morning:o:( - And unlike the title suggests, I didn't just call out a mild rebuke to the other driver! (More:()

There I was at the intersection, waiting for the lights to turn green.
They did! But I didn't dare turn into the street. I was too busy watching this UTTER IDGIT (from Father Ted) that was revving like mad and flying through
the RED LIGHTS in front of me.

Well, did I BOIL!!:2mad: (And I'm not asking!)
Of course, I yelled a fair stream of vitriol at the GOON, and decided to BLAST him with the horn and maybe even a few verbal examples of my ire - when I got level with him.
Yes, as usual, he had to stop at the next lights just down the road. All that haste for nothing!!!

Well, I was just behind him in the next lane and I had the window down and ready. I wondered if he'd WANNA FIGHT, as the lights were still red.

I never found out, because at that moment the radio came on in the car, and I was annoyed at it because I HAD NOT switched it on.
With my attention switched to dealing with the radio - how could the driver hear me if the radio was going? - I looked back out the window and
UNBELIEVABLY, the other driver BEGAN TO DISSOLVE right there next to me!!

And then I continued to WAKE UP with the RADIO FULLY ON!

Am(FM).

Cage
18-04-2013, 10:03am
am, I think you should start buying your mushrooms from the shop instead of picking them yourself. :lol2:

Tikira
18-04-2013, 10:35am
Lucky escape Am, he may have been a big burly tough guy, and you could have been seriously hurt - by falling out of bed:lol:

I just wish my dreams were that tame! Thanks for the smiles.

Di

Bear Dale
18-04-2013, 10:45am
This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm9vCPLoG4

leanneqld
18-04-2013, 12:50pm
[QUOTE=JimD;1137287]This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

OMG, that's horrendous. What an absolute mental case...the guy in the ute should be disqualified from driving for ever.

Bear Dale
18-04-2013, 12:58pm
[QUOTE=JimD;1137287]This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

OMG, that's horrendous. What an absolute mental case...the guy in the ute should be disqualified from driving for ever.

It's some mind blowing footage isn't it?

The ute driver deserved some serious gaol time!

arthurking83
18-04-2013, 1:15pm

The ute driver deserved some serious gaol time!

Death penalty isn't enough for this loser!

You blow your lid, release a few expletives and get on with your life ... To carry on like the way this idiot did, seems to indicate that there is little hope for him in a properly balanced society. We simply don't need these types. :action:

Am ... you sure you don't drive a black ute! :p

Bear Dale
18-04-2013, 1:22pm
How frustrating was the 000 lady?

Cage
18-04-2013, 1:36pm
What an absolute lunatic.

fenderstrat1963
18-04-2013, 3:19pm
Unbelievable! I'll bet that guy wishes he was dreaming too.

Bear Dale
18-04-2013, 3:20pm
The guy in the black 4x4 ute was absolutely intent on killing that guy.

ameerat42
18-04-2013, 4:04pm
The "bad" guy went to give himself up to the police the next day. (I think he went with his mother???) He was still pretty tetchy...
Am.

Rattus79
18-04-2013, 4:56pm
You tend to notice it more when you ride a motorcycle too.

I had a guy cut straight through a give way sign, across 2 lanes of traffic that was doing 80 km/h and proceed to chug along with no thought to the fact that I was there in the right hand lane with my front brakes working overtime to stop from hitting this idiot! I looked down and saw my speedo bottom out at 30km/h and before he hit the next set of lights maxed out at 45km/h

You can understand me yelling to him at the lights that "Kellogs had called, and that they wanted their license back!"

Next thing you know he's outa the car and threatening to punch me out. Come on, mate, Grow up, a) I'm in full armored leathers, Have Carbon fibre knuckles on and a full face helmet. Do you think you scare me 1 little bit?

I told him to grow up, get back in his car of I would defend myself. (I do have a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do)

It was at about this point that the Police officer in the unmarked car 2 lanes over (yes, I knew he was there) yelled at him to get his arse back in his car or he'd "Have him"

Funny he wouldn't make eye contact with me for the remainder of the duration of the lights ...

I couldn't help but throw a final barb - "Yep, that shut you up didn't it mate?" - Still wouldn't look at me.

Moral to the story:
a) Don't piss of Motorcyclists. We're Cluey blokes who pay attention to what's going on around us more then the average driver out of necessity.

b) Look out, and pay attention for motorcyclists.

c) follow the road rules - If there is a give way sign, chances are it's there for a reason!

d) Sometimes, there is a Police officer there when you actually need one!

ameerat42
18-04-2013, 8:34pm
Greg. Don't forget, this was a dream for me. For you, unfortunately, it was a NIGHTMARE!
Car drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians - everybody cops it! Everybody sees it happening all the time.
Car drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians - everybody does it! - Dishes it out to others, that is.

I will not agree wholeheartedly with you that (ALL) motorcyclists are cluey. Some certainly are not.
They are like every other class of person.

So, what can you do? Even dreaming can be fraught!!!:eek:
Am.

Mark L
18-04-2013, 10:58pm
Jeez :)M mmm
You need to drive around in the gear Greg's got or move back to Mudgee and wonder what traffic lights are.
In your dreams.

andrewvid
19-04-2013, 12:25am
Fair enough though, some people just need to learn to obey the rules that were set for an obvious reason. Simple things like BLINKERS that are purposely put in cars for a REASON is the thing that ticks me off. I only just got my L's 4 months ago now.. But blimey some people who are reckless drivers pulling only about a meter in front of you without a blinker... makes me go off! ..in my head most times :lol2:

Mathy
19-04-2013, 2:44am
Well Andrew, something happened to me tonight that's going to disappoint you even further. I'm driving home from work at 11.15pm, and I'm behind a newish station wagon with dual 'burbling' exhausts (clearly audible over the music I was playing), which is ok, we all have our interests in life. We make a right hand turn at a set of traffic lights. I've just followed this dude around the corner and I'm changing into second gear (meaning I'm accelerating - not hooning mind you), when the car in front brakes suddenly and drops a u-turn without signalling - this is less than 50 metres around the corner! I hit the brakes and the horn at the same time, and really did what AM dreamt she'd do, and called him a 'effing idiot' - very loudly. I continued on, shaking because he'd frightened the living daylights out of me. Next thing, I've got red and blue flashing lights behind me - it was an unmarked POLICE car. So, I dutifully drove on and found the safest place to pull over, pushed the 'up' button on my driver's side window until there remained a 2" gap, and waited to hear what the police officer wanted. He asks me if I have my driver's license, to which I replied 'Yes, sure'. Then I said, "You gave me a hell of a fright, doing what you did, dropping an illegal u-turn, without indicating" - meanwhile trying to find my DL.

Conversation:
P.O.: "You must have frightened yourself using the horn like that" - subtext "You're kidding, right?"
followed by
P.O.: "If we're called to a job, we have to go" - subtext - "We can endanger innocent motorists lives" - REALLY? :eek:

P.O.: "is the car registered in your name" - subtext - "Do 56yo women, wearing a Bunnings uniform REALLY look like car thieves?" :rolleyes:

ME: "yes of course it is, but I did have a number plate stolen a little while ago, and I did report it, and YES, this is my car" - FINALLY, I find my DL and give it to him.

Police Officer wanders off and checks my license and rego on the police computer. Comes back, says, "That's all, a random check".
He didn't like me using my 'Warning Device', I drive a Citroen C4, and it has a VERY loud 'Warning Device' :D, like all good European cars :lol2:. He had an issue with me using it. And, he probably wasn't impressed by being called an 'effing idiot' (which he deserved) and having decided to hassle me, was bit non plussed to be faced with a clean living, harmless 56yo female, who works for a very popular hardware store and has an unblemished driving record.

I've had a motorcycle license for longer than I've had a car license, in fact, I only stopped riding a bike 4 years ago. So, I'm a good defensive driver (because I'm still alive), and as a motor cyclist I'm used to hitting the 'Warning Device' when people in cars do dumb things that might kill me, because a motorcyclist has to use everything at their disposal to stay alive. I do the same thing when driving a car, even though, technically it is illegal.

So Andrew, I feel very sad for young people who are new drivers in this extremely rude, chaotic environment that exists on the roads now. I can only suggest that you be the best driver that you can be. A good tactic is to assume that absolutely every person on the road is going to try and kill you, read up on defensive driving skills, practise them and if you can afford it, go and do an advanced driving course where they instruct you on how to actually drive a car properly, as opposed to meandering around in it like a lost soul, cheers Deb :D

ameerat42
19-04-2013, 9:18am
Fair enough though, some people just need to learn to obey the rules that were set for an obvious reason. Simple things like BLINKERS that are purposely put in cars for a REASON is the thing that ticks me off. I only just got my L's 4 months ago now.. But blimey some people who are reckless drivers pulling only about a meter in front of you without a blinker... makes me go off! ..in my head most times :lol2:

You hit the nail on the head here, Andrew. YOU'VE got to do the right thing. That way you know at least it is being done. If others do it too, it's a bonus.
And I've been driving for )(*&^%$&%*^ years, so imagine how much extra ticking off I've enjoyed:(
Am.

PS: Gee, Mathy, I didn't get to your post until I had posted this reply to A. Yours is a sordid tale indeed! And to think such hoons get paid to annoy ordinary dudes and pass it off as a public service! The sad thing is you're lucky he didn't book you for "something". Maybe his role kicked in just in time.

Rattus79
19-04-2013, 10:01am
I was watching an unmarked cop car on the Hwy the other day, He was driving along at 110 (it was a 110 zone) and happily chatting away on his mobile phone. No car kit, nope, doing it the old fashioned way.

I really wanted to take some video footage, but I was too afraid that by touching my mobile phone I would get distracted and completely forget how to drive and crash into a barrier.

ameerat42
19-04-2013, 10:14am
Rats! Rattus. I was alternately nodding and shaking my head in belief/disbelief. Now my neck hurts.
But howdger know it was an UPC? I mean, was he in uniform? Maybe just going home, and happily breaking the law.
Am?

MissionMan
19-04-2013, 10:17am
This isn't road rage but it is one of the worst I've seen. Fortunately a member of the public has a dash cam, catches it all on camera and chases her down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex6dHzcgOE

Rattus79
19-04-2013, 11:59am
Rats! Rattus. I was alternately nodding and shaking my head in belief/disbelief. Now my neck hurts.
But howdger know it was an UPC? I mean, was he in uniform? Maybe just going home, and happily breaking the law.
Am?

No Uniform, You tell by the strobes that are mounted in the rear window and front. They also (generally) have a custom dashboard that has an insert for them to put their you've been a bad boy laptops too.

Geoff Port
19-04-2013, 4:42pm
They can do that Rattus, they are specially trained. I'm the D/C of my towns Fire Rescue Brigade and attend our Local Emergency Management Committee meetings as the FRNSW rep. Recently the Police area Commander attending our meeting was asked to arrange for police cars travelling to an emergency to slow to a more reasonable speed when driving through our town. They travel at speeds well in excess of 120kph and would have no hope of stopping or avoidance if a child ran onto the road or an elderly citizen (or anyone for that matter) were to back out of a parking spot . His answer was that police drivers are specially trained in high speed driving techniques and are quite capable of driving through a towns main street at high speed. WHAT a WALLY!!
The very next meeting he told us that police drivers were specially trained to use the onboard computer while driving. Apparently, here in NSW we have supermen for police officers. Sometimes I wonder.
Oh yeah. AM, can you send me a private message with the name of the medication you're taking? With a change of venue and participants these dreams could get real interesting. ;):D:D:D
Geoff P

andrewvid
19-04-2013, 7:22pm
with dual 'burbling' exhausts (clearly audible over the music I was playing), which is ok, we all have our interests in life.

hahaha now THAT is a story!! oh, don't worry about the loud exhausts... I just installed a nice 12" subwoofer in the boot :lol: i like my bass ;)
I guess it's a good and bad thing that there are reckless drivers for new ones, kinda makes you learn how to avoid accidents.. but of course it will always be better not to have such cases.
but hey, can't control everyone! I get hyped easily haha, one little tick and think you may want to avoid listening to me :lol2: like pulling up in front of me without a blinker and without saying thank you.. that's just asking for a tailgate ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You hit the nail on the head here, Andrew. YOU'VE got to do the right thing. That way you know at least it is being done. If others do it too, it's a bonus.
And I've been driving for )(*&^%$&%*^ years, so imagine how much extra ticking off I've enjoyed:(
Am.

PS: Gee, Mathy, I didn't get to your post until I had posted this reply to A. Yours is a sordid tale indeed! And to think such hoons get paid to annoy ordinary dudes and pass it off as a public service! The sad thing is you're lucky he didn't book you for "something". Maybe his role kicked in just in time.

Indeed, sometimes hard to keep the steam in haha but just gotta remain calm and sensible. Just last night not long after i posted what i said before..... unluckily got involved in an accident with some crazy guy. Here is how it unraveled Me driving along in the middle lane, car on right lane pulls up next to me.. (some hoon [i know one when i see one :p]) THEN decides to change lane without looking, without a DAMN BLINKER and scrapes the side of my Toyota (mum shouting and all) He starts to slow down and so do I hoping we'll talk and exchange money or whatever. Instead, he rushes out the door, comes to the other side and gives my car a good kick on the door panel. Then speeds off. (got his number plate to the police luckily) was I steaming? $%^& yes I was!!! not only did i end up with a nice big scratch but a nice dent on my left door. Good times... quote of $850.

I can't seem to resize this thing.... photobucket says its 300x300..
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff394/andrewvid/Photo18-04-13114242PM_zps4e667352.jpg (http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/andrewvid/media/Photo18-04-13114242PM_zps4e667352.jpg.html)
Crying.

ameerat42
19-04-2013, 8:21pm
...Oh yeah. AM, can you send me a private message with the name of the medication you're taking? With a change of venue and participants these dreams could get real interesting. ;):D:D:D
Geoff P...

Geoff, as has been cited elsewhere, I am apparently growing my own magic mushrooms. (I think the scientific name is Fungi abracadabrae.)
:Dm.

Cage
19-04-2013, 8:40pm
Geoff, as has been cited elsewhere, I am apparently growing my own magic mushrooms. (I think the scientific name is Fungi abracadabrae.)
:Dm.

I don't believe there was any allusion to self-cultivation, more like indiscriminate natural harvesting. :eek:

Mark L
19-04-2013, 8:49pm
Ah, the things that come from dreams.

..... Recently the Police area Commander attending our meeting was asked to arrange for police cars travelling to an emergency to slow to a more reasonable speed when driving through our town. They travel at speeds well in excess of 120kph and would have no hope of stopping or avoidance if a child ran onto the road or an elderly citizen (or anyone for that matter) were to back out of a parking spot . His answer was that police drivers are specially trained in high speed driving techniques and are quite capable of driving through a towns main street at high speed. WHAT a WALLY!!

FWIW, think you'll find no emergency service vehicle under lights and siren can legally exceed the speed limit. The only exception is a Police pursuit, and then they have to ask for approval to do so via their radio.
They are exempt from laws covering mobile phones and driving.
Of course I've been known to be totally wrong before!

aussie girl
20-04-2013, 12:16am
I often wonder how the police, and taxi drivers for that matter, can be allowed to drive and operate their computer equipment at the same time. Us mere mortals are not allowed to even press a button on our phones without the risk of a heavy fine, yet the officers and taxi drivers can be seen punching in stuff into the computer as they drive along.

I have even seen a female police officer, in a fully equipped police car driving through the carpark at the local McDonalds whilst using her mobile phone!!!! Wonder how that would have stood up in court if she had speedhumped a little kiddie???

Rattus79
20-04-2013, 12:26am
Police using mobile phones is nothing really.

True story:

I was once in the back seat of a marked police sedan with 7 other occupants doing in excess of 160km/h with an office behind the wheel.
Luckily enough we were all dead at the time. (true story I have the toe tags to prove it!)

I guess I should admit
it was on the runway of Ballina airport and it was a training excessive for a crashed air plane, but it's still a true story! I got on the news and all! :D

andrewvid
20-04-2013, 5:48pm
it was on the runway of Ballina airport and it was a training excessive for a crashed air plane, but it's still a true story! I got on the news and all! :D

well, if it were a real case, i'd happily be in the car than the pilot of the plane :D ..even though I plan to become one :eek:

FNQPhotographer
21-04-2013, 3:05pm
Feel free to come and vent here... LOL!! https://www.facebook.com/IdiotDriversOfAustralia?ref=hl

I was getting sick and tired of red and green P platers cutting me off or tailing me too close, more P's than not.... so I decided to start a page.

ameerat42
21-04-2013, 5:56pm
FNQ?
It's not only P-platers...
A 2ple of times a year I drive to Bris. There are TWO really STUPID sections for traffic:
1. Wahroonga to the hill at Moonee Moonee - both directions, and
2. M1 from about Tweed Heads to the Beenleigh turnoff (where I turn off).

It's not only P-platers that carry on like pork chops. At 2 especially, where the speed limit is 110Kph, people sometimes reach that - slowing down!

:(m.