PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected trip tomorrow morning (Easter Sunday) to Yankee Hat in Namadgi NP (NSW/ACT)

Ezookiel
30-03-2013, 8:36pm
If anyone in the ACT area wants to join me tomorrow morning for an unexpected trip out to Yankee Hat in Namadgi, feel free to meet me out there, or at Maccas for a cuppa on the way out.
I did a walk out there today with my whole family and another family that are good friends of ours, but unfortunately I lost my emergency pack on the walk (basic first aid gear, small knife, lighter, matches, water purifier etc), so am headed out tomorrow to see if I can find it (pretty sure I know where it will be, I fell on my .... on the edge of the swamp trying for a photo, and it's probably there that I lost it) and to try and make this annoyingly unexpected return trip worth my while, I'm aiming for being there very early for any mist in the valleys, sunrise, or other photographic benefits I can salvage from the long drive and repeat walk.
I'm thinking about 7:00am coffee at Lanyon Maccas and then heading out from there.