PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note II and Apple Mac

Birdman
19-03-2013, 6:47pm
Hi There,

Just wondering does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Note II or similar and use it with an Apple Mac, is it easy enough to transfer music and videos, does it just connect like a USB device or do I have to muck around with other software to get it going?

I cant find to much on the internet and I have an iPhone 4S at the moment that pretty much works seamlessly but the Galaxy Note II looks pretty sweet.

Thanks

ricktas
19-03-2013, 7:45pm
Step 1: Install Android File Transfer on your Mac computer (OS X 10.5 or later). You can download it here (http://www.android.com/filetransfer/). This application will let you transfer files between your Mac and your Android device (Android 3.0 or later).

Step 2: Enable USB Mass Storage mode on your Android. This is the step that most people don’t know about, and where Android/Mac users typically find themselves in trouble. To do so, go to Settings > More (under Wireless and network) > USB utilities > Set USB cable connection mode. Then, select “Connect storage to PC.”

Step 3: At this point, you will be prompted to “Connect your USB cable to use mass storage.” Using the USB cable that came with your Android device, connect your device to your Mac.

Step 4: Now that your devices are connected, double-click Android File Transfer on your Mac to open it. (This step if for the first time only; subsequently, Android File Transfer should open automatically when you connect the devices).

Step 5: Using Finder on your Mac (the program that lets you browse files and folders on your computer), navigate to your Android device, which will be on your desktop. Open another Finder window anywhere on your Mac — most likely your Music folder, for the purpose of this tutorial. Now, you can drag-and-drop to files from one device to the other, copy-and-paste them, or whatever else you want. You can also delete files from your Android to make room for more stuff.

Birdman
19-03-2013, 8:11pm
Oh, great advice, thanks Rick appreciate the details. Doesn't sound to bad to get it going. That step closer to getting one :D