PDA

View Full Version : X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

CapnBloodbeard
10-03-2013, 10:59am
I have a Dell 2209WA IPS monitor, and previously when I've used my X-Rite i1 calibrator it's wanted me to bring my brightness right down to about 8-12. Just tried calibrating, and my brightness is on full and apparently I'm only hitting 96ish luminance rather than the target of 120....any idea what's going on?

Also, when adjusting the contrast, 84 sits me at the lower end of the green range where 85 puts me off the high end of the chart....

Just did it again, now luminance is about 85....

Anyway, I remember when I used to calibrate, it would get me to adjust my RGB settings one by one – now it doesn't. Any idea why?

Lance B
10-03-2013, 12:16pm
Don't know about the X-Rite i1 calibrator as I used a Spyder 3 Pro on my old Dell 2209 WA monitor and it worked fine. However, like you, sometimes when I had a few unusual readings due to me not calibrating for a while, I would get similar issues with contrast and brightness. I just upped the contrast and it helped the brightness and visa versa. Maybe up the contrast and see if it helps the brightness and it may also help the contrast setting.

CapnBloodbeard
10-03-2013, 12:28pm
This was with brightness and contrast at max.

agb
10-03-2013, 12:55pm
I had that trouble once, found I still had the plastic cover on the sensor.:o

Lance B
10-03-2013, 1:13pm
This was with brightness and contrast at max.

Ah, ok.

arthurking83
10-03-2013, 5:15pm

Anyway, I remember when I used to calibrate, it would get me to adjust my RGB settings one by one – now it doesn't. Any idea why?

Could be an 'express' type calibration mode for the software, or that it's doing a 'recalibrate' option as opposed to a full calibration.

Not familiar with the X-Rite's nor their software, but most software usually has this option to do a quick/recalibrate, or a full calibrate.

JM Tran
10-03-2013, 5:55pm
was there an option to adjust for ambient room brightness, or to specifically set a target for 120 luminance, which is what I do on the X-Rite Color Munki.

CapnBloodbeard
10-03-2013, 7:23pm
There is an option to measure ambient light, though I've never used it before. I did have the target specifically set for 120...

CapnBloodbeard
23-03-2013, 7:25pm
Hmm, I wonder if my device is faulty – found the RGB calibration, but even if I drop the Red down to zero, the device still thinks it's off the high end of the chart....