PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo YN-622C

kangareigns
04-03-2013, 8:47pm
Hi all,

im looking at purchasing 4 x Yongnuo YN-622C ttl flash triggers from eBay. I already own a 430ex11 and want another 3 speed lights. Firstly, are the triggers ok and Do you have any suggestions regarding additional speed lights.

thankyou

mikew09
04-03-2013, 11:16pm
I also are looking at buying 4 of these. Do a search on youtube as there are some pretty good reviews on them and the usage. General reviews are very good although there is no real review on life of these units as they are relatively new to the market. If you can go on the reviews they are reported to be well made and sturdy.
Be interested in a mini review of these if you go ahead with the purchase. I should have a set within the month myself. The greatest advantage is they are TTL aware meaning you can control you EXII version canon flashes from the camera body is (if the body supports this feature). I have a set of cactus V5 units which are great but no TTL support which means all settings are manual and when you have a flash mounted high can be a pain to have to adjust. Additional these units do do flash wake up which is another very annoying thing with non ETTL support.
They also do high speed sync, allows for shutter flash sync up to 1/8000 shutter speeds. My cactus are limited to 1/25th shutter which can be very limiting at times.

kangareigns
05-03-2013, 2:27pm
Thanks mike, I only have an entry level 550d so I need to check if its supports it etc..I have a 430exII and would like to invest a a couple more lights which also support TTL thus was looking at the Yongnuo brand as seem quite cheap yet have good reviews..

mikew09
05-03-2013, 10:14pm
I am not sure what features the 550D has for remote TTL flash control but I assume it will have something. I would assume the TTL will still work to the flash units and the big bonus I see is the ability to wake the flash up remotely without having to walk over to the flash. That really annoyed me with my cactus units. THe cactus remote wireless trigger are great value and work flawlessly and would be ideal for more static type shoots where manual falsh control settings are relatively static. But I find the need for TTL with manual remote control of the flash as is offered with these new unitsl Very interested to see what you think if you do purchase. They are extremely well priced for fuller featured TTL enabled units.

ericli
12-04-2013, 3:01pm
I have 4 of these and 4 flashes all support ETTL. As Mike mentioned above, I can manually control each remote flash output through my 5D mark II body.

mikew09
12-04-2013, 6:36pm
I have 4 of these and 4 flashes all support ETTL. As Mike mentioned above, I can manually control each remote flash output through my 5D mark II body.

Thanks ericli, just ordered 4 units and they should be here is a week or two.

Mick
19-04-2013, 12:28pm
I cant speak to the reliability of this particular model but the 602's that I've got have been terrific. I've had them maybe two or three years without problems. I'll be grabbing a few of the 622's myself. The hi speed sync is what I'm after. The TTL business sounds cool but I've got no idea how to set that up :-( Hahaha, still, if I can shoot faster speeds I'll be a happy camper. In fact, I might just go and order some now ;-)

mikew09
20-04-2013, 6:39pm
Still waiting on mind - ordered direct from China and stupidly didnt choose epxress mail. Should be here this week according to the tracking number.

mikew09
22-05-2013, 4:21pm
Just a follow up - received these maybe 2 /3 weeks ago and have given them a pretty good work out. They are fantastic, the remote options works really well, fires every time and the focus assist appears to work better than some reviews I have read. For the price I highly recommend these triggers for Canon body. Being able to control the flash remotely from the body is more of a benefit than what I realised especially when trying to get the lighting right and the flash is mounted in an awkward spot of high on a flash stand etc. High speed sync works a treat so no more sync speed issues is the lighting requires.
I did have concerns about battery life as the led tend to stay on quite a while but I would say I have had over 8 hrs use and still rechargeable s still going strong. One big bonus of these triggers is the wake up of flash via the trigger - this used to drove me crazy so I just set the flashes to not sleep which wasn't ideal, not anymore. They are easy to use and to date all functions have worked fine. The other nice config is the nice little confirmation flash you get to confirm setting changes have been received by the trigger and flash along with the test feature for the channels / groups.

I just love these trigger units and are soon to buy two more along with another flash unit.

Allan Ryan
24-05-2013, 6:56pm
i have ordered the 622c x4 and a yn-568ex now i'm trying to learn what a flash does before they turn up :o
camera is a 50D so i think it should talk to the flash :confused013

mikew09
24-05-2013, 8:11pm
i have ordered the 622c x4 and a yn-568ex now i'm trying to learn what a flash does before they turn up :o
camera is a 50D so i think it should talk to the flash :confused013

Hill Allan,
Yep, I shoot with a 50D and the remote flash control from the body works just a treat with these triggers. One big bonus is the triggers work just fine with high speed sync and the wake the flashs up from sleep too. You wont be disabppointed.

Mike

Mick
27-05-2013, 5:00pm
Thats terrific to hear. I've had to postpone my purchase slightly but I'm more keen than ever to get my hands on em. Cheers for the review Mike :-)

Allan Ryan
09-06-2013, 6:45pm
have the yn 568ex flash and 4 off 622c
having fun working out what they do, as i am new to flashes in general.
very happy with the flash - It just works well, a lot different to the old 380EX i have tried in the past.

hus
08-08-2013, 12:09pm
I also use the 622 and the good thing about it is I can get an extra stop out of my shutter speed even when my flash isn't a high speed flash (yn 565ex) I shoot indoor sport at 1/320 without any ill effect.