PDA

View Full Version : Rooftop shooting location in Sydney?

steved200
28-02-2013, 11:18am
I am looking for a rooftop location to shoot a band music video.
I will be using continuous lighting, and need power.
Rooftop of a carpark is perfect, but we don't want to get all set up and then have security move us on.
Will be done at night time.
Hoping for this Friday, whether permitting.

Does anyone know a good place?

kanesmadness
01-03-2013, 10:51pm
I can tell you know 99% of roof top locations will be closed at night or full of security guards. If you really want to shot a music video or anything on a roof top, go up to some building owners and get permission...they will tell you what they need to make it happen (insurance, security etc) but they will also guarantee you go undisturbed and not in goal

steved200
02-03-2013, 4:28pm
Thanks, it was too wet last night, but I have found a great location in Chatswood. And no issue with security guards etc.

ricktas
02-03-2013, 4:40pm
Please also be aware that if you do not have permission to enter/use it for this video, then you are breaking the law (trespass) and cannot discuss/show any aspects of this endeavor on Ausphotography. Refer to the site rules.

steved200
07-03-2013, 1:49pm
Ricktas, GOT IT LOUD AND CLEAR
I am a chartered accountant in real life, and very law abiding!!!
Is there a place to post video on this site, I have never seen it.
I get messages to participate and when I do, get this sort of warning? Unwarranted in my opinion, but I see where you are coming from.

ameerat42
07-03-2013, 5:12pm
...I get messages to participate and when I do, get this sort of warning? Unwarranted in my opinion, but I see where you are coming from...

Really, Steve. You take this as a warning, and unwarranted?

It's a timely reminder, I would say. Imagine if WE - yes, there are others here - didn't get it!
What a pretty picture we could then be in!

I found it interesting to know.
Am.

ricktas
07-03-2013, 6:52pm
Ricktas, GOT IT LOUD AND CLEAR
I am a chartered accountant in real life, and very law abiding!!!
I get messages to participate and when I do, get this sort of warning? Unwarranted in my opinion, but I see where you are coming from.

Would you prefer I do not advise members and just let them post stuff that breaches the rules and ban them, without at least trying to warn them?

We don't have a CC forum for video, it has been discussed before and decided against at that time. But if there appears to be a need (more than a handful of members wanting it) we will be happy to again discuss the issue of a specific video CC forum.

Mark L
10-03-2013, 10:47pm

Current discussion http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?117898-Video-CC-forum!-Do-we-want-one
With 14 posts since 2007 it's any wonder you get messages to participate. That seems to be part of the access requirements of AP. Participation!