PDA

View Full Version : Can't save in Digital Photo Professional.......

Balanda
26-02-2013, 11:57pm
Hey there

Bought a Canon 1100D back at Christmas time and installed the software provided with it. Sensor is in need of a clean but until such time I was having a play with the stamp tool in Digital Photo Professional, stamped out the blotches, really happy with it but I can't save :confused013

Ummmmm help! I go back to the original image then go tools --> start stamp tool and it opens the image that I've modified but when I go to save it the save selection bit in the drop down menu is greyed out.

What's going on? Does DPP need to be registered to activate certain features?

ricktas
27-02-2013, 6:18am
Whilst not a user of DPP, when you use the stamp tool, does it create this on a Layer? You may have to 'flatten' the image back to one single layer before you can save it.

Mark L
27-02-2013, 8:06pm
Okay Balander, hope this makes sense.
Once you've done what you want in the stamp tool window, you need to click "OK" (bottom right). This will save your changes to the RAW file of that photo. Now you're back at the photo you where working on, just click "File", "Convert and save", which I'm sure you now how to do.
A strange thing is, the changes you made won't show up on the RAW photo (but they are there somewhere). You need to convert the photo to JPEG to see the changes. They will however show up again if you need to go back to the stamp tool to fix anything you missed (as long as you save changes when closing DPP).
Now I've assumed you're using RAW. If starting with a JPEG photo,:confused013 I'll check it out and get back if anything is different to above.
Happy to post some screen shots if above needs more clarifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked, same applies for JPEG.

Balanda
27-02-2013, 9:58pm
WOOHOO! :D Thanks Mark, made sense and yes it worked.

Cheers :food04: