PDA

View Full Version : More rain

Steve Axford
20-02-2013, 7:42am
Another 400mm forecast for next couple of days. That will create more flooding up here. If the forecast is right we will have had nearly a metre of rain in little more than a month. So much for a dry year.

ameerat42
20-02-2013, 8:25am
More rain! Moronic! (Dull and wet!)
And no bright side to look at!
What happened to "...a little rain some time...?"
Am.

Analog6
20-02-2013, 8:42am
We've had about 270 so far in 3.5 days. 504mm for the year so far, and I know our guage wasn't reading properly for TC Oswald as it had slipped down the pole and was on the south west side of it, and the rain was from the north east. Warwick fixed it half way through the 6 days, we recorded about 170mm, but some local places had much more..

Wayne63
20-02-2013, 9:44am
mmm not looking to good for the weekend either http://www.eldersweather.com.au/local.jsp?myloc=true

Steve Axford
20-02-2013, 3:35pm
All the creeks are up around here and the land is already saturated. We've had 629mm in the last month and now we are forecast to get another 4-500mm. I think I'm safe from flooding, unless I get washed down the hillside, but there are a lot of trees at risk. Who needs a rain gauge? Just put out a bucket and when it fills - that's about 400. At least the mushrooms will like it, but they'd best grow very close to the house coz I won't be going far.

William
20-02-2013, 5:00pm
All my "Pitaya" Just flowered and the new buds that form the fruit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya are going mouldy :( The grass is out of control , The Surf is up and the sand has gone again , Did I say the surf is up :D

Steve Axford
20-02-2013, 5:34pm
You'll probably get the best of it, William. With strong east winds down here, it doesn't really matter that the surf is up, you can't really surf it. The finger limes don't mind the weather - maybe you should grow them instead? Anyway, they taste much better.

William
20-02-2013, 5:43pm
Thanks Steve, I had to Google 'Finger Limes" "lime caviar " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus_australasica Never tried one , Good aussie bush fruit :th3:

Steve Axford
20-02-2013, 7:29pm
You don't know Finger Limes? I'm no bush tucker fan but FLs are great. You must get a grafted one as un-grafted take at least 10 years to fruit. They are great with salads, ice cream and G & Ts. The only problem is that the fruit all come at once, but you can freeze them in ice blocks for G & Ts

- - - Updated - - -

Update - the worst of the rain is now heading south, ie to Coffs. My sympathies, but 1-200 will be more than enough for us.

Mark L
20-02-2013, 9:31pm
Update - the worst of the rain is now heading south,

Wouldn't mind if it headed southwest. Getting bloody dry around here. Had basically not much in the last nine months.

Steve Axford
23-02-2013, 9:16am
But wait - there's more! This time the dreaded "upper atmosphere disturbance". Which means it doesn't show on the weather map. Ho hum, only 750mm in the last 30 days, and there are much wetter places than us. Ballina got trashed by winds yesterday - up to 200k/hr gusts. Gold coast is due to cop it next.

William
23-02-2013, 9:48am
Quote Steve : Gold coast is due to cop it next. :eek:

Hope not , I'm home alone , The partner and kids are away and the sun is shining and I did the washing , It's on the line now , Planing to get a quick lawn mow as well ;)

Steve Axford
23-02-2013, 12:22pm
You've got the weekend - then another 300-400mm. Mow the lawn while you can :)

MattNQ
23-02-2013, 12:44pm
Weather has been strange hasn't it. We've been really dry overall.
Up here we have only had 1/2 our normal summer rainfall...and most of that happened when ex TC Oswald sailed past on his way to hammer SQ & NSW.
S'posed to get some this weekend. Mowed this morning just in case. Probably won't rain now :rolleyes:

outstar79
23-02-2013, 1:59pm
We could be finally getting a bit of rain in Port Hedland (and wind!) with a tropical low forming into a cyclone (expected to be a severe one too)! Bring out the cameras everyone in the Pilbara! http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml

William
23-02-2013, 4:20pm
Saw that on the weather charts Adam, Yep , You can expect a blow I'd reckon , BTW , Got the washing dry and mowed the lawn today , As Steve said it will be short lived here as well :(

outstar79
23-02-2013, 4:26pm
Saw that on the weather charts Adam, Yep , You can expect a blow I'd reckon , BTW , Got the washing dry and mowed the lawn today , As Steve said it will be short lived here as well :(

Yeah, the bloody thing is probably going to prevent me flying out, hopefully it comes and goes before Wednesday!