PDA

View Full Version : Black Caviar wins #23

Mathy
16-02-2013, 11:41pm
I love this horse. Returned to racing today and won the Lightning Stakes (now renamed in her honour) in record time. It was thought her career was over, I'm glad that it isn't. How lucky are we to experience/know/get to see this. Athletes, horses, legends like this come along once in a lifetime if your lucky.

Link to the video of todays win http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/turf-thoroughbreds/black-caviar-unbeatable-at-flemingtons-lightning-stakes/story-fnajufri-1226579430613

I would love to see this horse in person, I missed her 2 trips to Adelaide - I suspect she has a certain presence or charisma about her. Anybody here been up close and personal with her? cheers Deb

ricktas
17-02-2013, 8:36am
Whilst one who has never been to the races, and never had a bet on them either, so rather I am generally totally ignorant of what goes on in racing circles, I can admire the ability of this horse from your link.

Mark L
17-02-2013, 10:21pm
Yep, she broke a long standing course record that many thought would never be broken.
And it looked like she did it with ease. Awesome.
Most of the horses behind her weren't hacks, and congrats to her trainer who got the trifecta in a Group 1 race.