PDA

View Full Version : Business/Intro Cards

kanesmadness
10-02-2013, 12:34am
Hey everyone, with the arrival of my new toy iminent and a trip down to sydney soon for a few events i figure i might get come cards made.

One thing i noticed from the last big event i did was everyone asking where the photos would be, despite facebook having so many people connected not everyone uses it and i thought business cards might work and then i had a bit of an idea, ive noticed its not uncommon at large events for photographers to pop up, snap a photo do a quick thanks and be off to the next person (occupational hazard i guess) so my idea was to print some basic cards that i can use as a business card and also an intro card.

I thought that before i jump on in id find out what everyone thought of the idea to start with. Then i might post a mock up of what im looking at doing.

Villida
10-02-2013, 7:40pm
I printed a whole bunch I mocked up on photoshop and printed them on 6'x4' photo paper. Name, web site. Pretty basic. Four to a sheet then cut out.
I keep them in a my photo bag and a few in my wallet. If someone comes up to me when I am out taking photos ( I like bird photography) it is a good ice breaker to just give them a card. Most people are nice but some show a bit of 'what are you doing' attitude when they see you with a camera.
Self promotion is important and it helps to get my work noticed. Well, the bottom line is it doesn't hurt.

ricktas
10-02-2013, 8:19pm
A business card is good if you are handing it to the right person.

I get given business cards almost daily, most of them end up in the rubbish bin.

It can be a great tool, if you provide it to the right people.

fess67
10-02-2013, 8:29pm
A business card for what? A photography business? A card is easy, I thnk they will judge (and act) on the quality of the portfolio that props up that business card. If you have that then it is worth paying to have them printed professionally. It is not expensive and gives the right impression first time :)

kanesmadness
10-02-2013, 9:39pm
Thanks for the input guys, im still toying with a few things and playing with the design a bit. It was always just going to be somthing simple that had my name, mobile, email and web address with a small blurb on the back saying who i was and where to get a copy of the photo.

Ive found a few places online that print small batches of cards so ill see how the first lot go. Next up is going to be moving from a blog website to an online portfolio...but i think ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

ricktas
10-02-2013, 10:06pm
www.clickbusinesscards.com.au

Mark L
11-02-2013, 9:07pm
..... It was always just going to be somthing simple that had my name, mobile, email and web address with a small blurb on the back saying who i was and where to get a copy of the photo.

Sometimes less is more.
Obviously put an attention getting photo on the front, and, so that you don't draw attention away from that photo, maybe only business name (if you have one) and where they can get copies of photos from, if this is the reason for the cards. (how many ,,,,'s can go into one sentence?)
Everything else can go on the back.
Not that I'd know really, just my 2cents.