PDA

View Full Version : HELP! LR exporing problems

Warren Ackary
19-01-2013, 4:35pm
Having massive trouble working out export from LR into a small enough size JPG.

They done read on one DVD player yet they read on another.. (wedding photo's which were needed like yesterday).. average size of exported JPG is 8MB which to me seems VERY large.
I cant put 57 images on a CD (I have 544 images)

ricktas
19-01-2013, 4:44pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1nYInetxk

ameerat42
19-01-2013, 5:38pm
Warren. I can't help with Lightroom at all - but Rick did, I see - but I would just ask one thing.
8MB jpegs on a DVD? How will the clients be viewing them? I recently put some even smaller jpegs on a DVD for somebody and it took AGES
just to load on their DVD-player-hooked-to-a-TV. I did the same on our like machine. They were both not old players.
On the computer DVD they took a bit less to load and view.

Just wondering.
Am.

alsocass
19-01-2013, 8:43pm
With regard to DVDs playing on some machines but not others. One possibility is DVD format, ie DVD +/-R

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/DVDFormatsExplained.asp

arthurking83
19-01-2013, 9:18pm
Having massive trouble working out export from LR into a small enough size JPG.

They done read on one DVD player yet they read on another.. ......

Futher to what's already been said, naming of each file can be critical too!

Some (usually older) DVD players don't like files names longer than 8 characters, and other DVD players may not be able to read spaces or other non standard characters, and yet others can read all manner of file names.

So if your files were originally named DSC_0001(which is 8 characters long!) and you renamed them to Bill and Betty's wedding 01-04-1901 ceremony.jpg then of course the long file names and or spaces can also cause issues.

... just a thought.

Warren Ackary
21-01-2013, 8:53am
Yes that was one of the things we didnt think about to be honest. Basically we were trying to tell a story of the day from start to finish.
Took the images down to KBS yet the file name was as follows: Merchant Wedding 12/01/2013 (not exactly 8 characters :lol2:) Anyway the burnt CD was strange to say the least.. on the Laptop it was all in sequence but on both TV's it was out.. we purchase DVD+R's but in the end after 7 (yes 7) days of frustration we went back to burning all files onto a CD (also a second one for the Matron of Honour) and put the high res in MB on an 8GB USB Drive.

I printed out a shot I took and put it in a frame as a "Mantlepiece" shot... ,must say it looks good. I would love to do one again (on my own as my wife said its her 1st & last) but I will try and get some more experience as a 2nd shooter as that was alot of the problem.. NOT knowing exactly what to shoot and what not to shoot.
I did say to the wife that we are giving the couple 200 images more than what most give (we are giving 553). Sorry I didnt come in and read these threads earlier in the week... the editing was taking up all our time and turning us on each other