PDA

View Full Version : Take a tour of the international space station

Lance B
16-01-2013, 8:24pm
Take a tour of the international space station, quite interesting:

http://www.wimp.com/orbitaltour/

ameerat42
16-01-2013, 10:25pm
Abso-fa-lutely interesting! Worth the extra syllable. I didn't expect to watch it through in one go, but...
It's so extensive, like a warren, and you wouldn't want to have a fear of cloisters!!!
Though there was a good bit of background noise - like a rushing sound - no voice was never once raised.
So it illustrates one thing, I suppose: "In Space, nobody can hear you scream!"

Ta Lance for posting it up.
Am.

PS. Did you get a load of the lensery (and other photgraphics) at about 19 mins in!!!

mikew09
17-01-2013, 12:06am
Thanks is amazing - thanks for sharing Lance. To be honest I never gave any thought to space craft to the space station out side of the Shuttle. Truly amazing

Lance B
17-01-2013, 12:42am
Abso-fa-lutely interesting! Worth the extra syllable. I didn't expect to watch it through in one go, but...
It's so extensive, like a warren, and you wouldn't want to have a fear of cloisters!!!
Though there was a good bit of background noise - like a rushing sound - no voice was never once raised.
So it illustrates one thing, I suppose: "In Space, nobody can hear you scream!"

Ta Lance for posting it up.
Am.

PS. Did you get a load of the lensery (and other photgraphics) at about 19 mins in!!!

Yes, I saw that. Looks like some arsenal! :2smile:

Greg Johnston
17-01-2013, 1:02am
WOW! Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for posting this. There is no way I could handle the small spaces. Makes me feel a little claustrophobic just watching it.

Lance B
17-01-2013, 10:35am
WOW! Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for posting this. There is no way I could handle the small spaces. Makes me feel a little claustrophobic just watching it.

LOL. I'm a bit the same. However, just outside the spacestation is the biggest open space there is!! :2smile:

alsocass
17-01-2013, 12:16pm
Makes me want to go into space. Fascinating.

Lance B
17-01-2013, 12:34pm
Makes me want to go into space. Fascinating.

When I was about 25 years old I might have gone into space, but now, 25 years later, it is now "Terra Firma" for me, and the more the "firmer" the less the "terror"! :2smile:

geoffsta
17-01-2013, 6:50pm
Well worth taking the time to sit and watch. Amazing when you hear about the space station. But totally incredible to actually see it. Thanks Lance.

wanderer51
17-01-2013, 7:56pm
One thing is certain...they need more space (pardon the pun) for storage!
Not for me though, like you Lance...the 'more firmer the less terror'......not to mention that I am not really that keen on enclosed places that you can't get out of easily.
Thanks for posting the link though, fabulous video.

ving
17-01-2013, 8:15pm
wow! stacks of cool nikon stuff!