PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo They're nearly there!

ktoopi
30-12-2012, 9:29am
Hi everyone

For those who have been following the big race...my husband's boat Peugeot Surfrider is about to cross the finish in the next hour!!

They have done really well and unless something goes drastically wrong in the next half hour or so... They will come second on IRC division 2 and 1st in Orci division 3!! And will probably be 28th across the line!!:party6: There's going to be some celebrating this afternoon in Hobart!!!

Then hubby flies home tomorrow to spend New Years eve with me on our boat!! Ha Ha and then jumps on another boat called Le Billet to do the Pittwater to Coffs Harbour race! I'm living the life of a sailing widow!!

Karen:2smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that they are with three other boats also about to finish ....Chutzpah, Rikki and Sailors with Disabilities!

ktoopi
30-12-2012, 10:28am
Yay! they have crossed the line and have fared even better than predicted!!!!

1st in IRC division 3
1st in Orci division 2
20th over the line YAY !!!:2biggn::2biggn::2biggn:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry in my last post I got the Divisions mixed up!!

WhoDo
30-12-2012, 10:47am
Being a sailing widow must leave you plenty of time for photography, Karen. There's always a silver lining! :2smile:

ktoopi
30-12-2012, 11:50am
Being a sailing widow must leave you plenty of time for photography, Karen. There's always a silver lining! :2smile:

Oh yes Waz there is a silver lining alright!!!! I'm racking up points for my dream photo safari to Africa with every sailing trip he does!!!:lol:

Mary Anne
30-12-2012, 3:50pm
Oh :wd: to the Crew what a great achievement.. That trip to Africa sounds good I hope it happens for you Karen :2smile: